Hey everyone, it is Louise, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a distinctive dish, jalapeño potato salad. One of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Jalapeño Potato Salad is one of the most well liked of current trending meals on earth. It’s easy, it is fast, it tastes delicious. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. They’re nice and they look wonderful. Jalapeño Potato Salad is something which I’ve loved my whole life.
To begin with this recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can cook jalapeño potato salad using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Jalapeño Potato Salad:
- Make ready 3 lb Potatoes, washed and partially peeled and cut into small cubes, then boiled until soft
- Get 5 Hard Boiled Eggs, peeled and diced or smashed with a fork
- Get 1 cup Idaho Mashed Potatoes Homestyle Buttery Flavor, make as directed but only use half of what the package makes
- Take 1 bunch Celery, diced
- Get 1 large Purple/Red Onion, diced
- Take 1/3 cup Jalapeños, diced, fresh or out of jar
- Prepare 1 large Green Pepper, washed, clean out the seeds in the middle and dice
- Get 1 1/2 cup Mayo, not the cheap kind, use Dukes or Kraft
- Make ready 3 tbsp Yellow Mustard, or how ever much you like
- Prepare 3 tbsp Deli/Spicy Mustard,or however much you like
- Take 1 cup Chow Chow or Dill Relish if chow chow is unavailable
- Get Salt and Pepper
- Make ready 1 tbsp Onion Powder
- Get 1 tbsp Garlic Powder, NOT garlic salt
Steps to make Jalapeño Potato Salad:
- Wash, partially peel, and cut potatoes into small cubes. Boil in salt water for about 20-30 minutes, or until soft (add about 3 tablespoons of salt to large pot of water). Drain and set aside to cool down. **pic- OR wrap potatoes in bacon and bake until soft, then chop up with bacon still attached and add it all to the bowl! This batch was EXTRA YUMMY!
- Boil eggs until hard boiled, about 15-20 minutes. Cool down, peel, and dice or smash.
- Prepare package of Idaho mashed potatoes, as directed by package, set aside to cool.
- Dice up onion, celery, and jalapeños, put in large bowl. Add all remaining ingredients and stir. Once eggs, mashed potatoes and cut up (boiled) potatoes are cooled down, add them to the mixture.
- Using large spoon, or gloved hands, mix up all ingredients and transfer into a pretty bowl (optional). Sprinkle with paprika to finish.
So that is going to wrap it up with this special food jalapeño potato salad recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am confident you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!