Hello everybody, it’s John, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, new england clam chowder. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I am going to make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
New England Clam Chowder is one of the most favored of recent trending meals in the world. It is enjoyed by millions daily. It’s easy, it is quick, it tastes yummy. They are fine and they look wonderful. New England Clam Chowder is something that I’ve loved my entire life.
To begin with this recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can cook new england clam chowder using 15 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make New England Clam Chowder:
- Take 8 lb large cherry stone clams
- Make ready 1 cup dry white wine
- Take 1 cup water
- Make ready 6 slice bacon (quartered)
- Prepare 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- Make ready 1 leek
- Prepare 1 small onion (finely chopped)
- Take 1 cup finely chopped celery
- Take 6 sprigs fresh thyme
- Take 2 bay leaves
- Get 3 clove garlic (finely chopped)
- Prepare 3 cup cubed potatoes
- Prepare 2 cup heavy cream
- Make ready 1 bunch chopped parsley
- Make ready 1 butter for garnish
Steps to make New England Clam Chowder:
- Bring 1 cup of wine and 1 cup of water to a boil in a large pot. Add clams, cover, and cook for five minutes.
- Lift lid and stir clams, making sure water is still boiling. Cover and cook 5 to 10 minutes longer.
- Stain broth through cheesecloth in a metal sieve. Repeat until all sand is removed (I strained mine twice). Add water to broth so that there is 6 cups of liquid. Set aside for now.
- Remove clams from broth and set aside. Discard any that did not open.
- In large pot, cook bacon until crispy. Drain all but two tablespoons of grease.
- Add butter, onions, leeks, and celery to pot. Cook until onions and celery are translucent, being careful not to brown.
- Add garlic and potatoes and mix well with veggies. Add broth and bring to a boil.
- Simmer contents until potatoes are tender, about 30 minutes. Mash some of the potatoes against the side of the pot for a thicker consistency of broth.
- Add heavy cream and chopped clams to pot, mix well, cover and remove from heat.
- Set aside for an hour or so, this will allow flavors to fuse. Add salt and pepper for more flavor, if necessary.
- Serve with a pat of butter and chopped parsley. Enjoy!
So that’s going to wrap it up for this exceptional food new england clam chowder recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m sure that you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!