Hey everyone, it is Louise, welcome to our recipe page. Today, we’re going to make a distinctive dish, ayam bakar kecap (sweet soy sauce grilled chicken). It is one of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Ayam Bakar Kecap (Sweet Soy Sauce Grilled Chicken) is one of the most popular of current trending meals in the world. It’s easy, it is quick, it tastes delicious. It is appreciated by millions daily. Ayam Bakar Kecap (Sweet Soy Sauce Grilled Chicken) is something which I have loved my whole life. They are nice and they look fantastic.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can have ayam bakar kecap (sweet soy sauce grilled chicken) using 17 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Ayam Bakar Kecap (Sweet Soy Sauce Grilled Chicken):
- Prepare 8 pieces chicken (you can use both chicken breast or chicken thighs)
- Get 3 tablespoons lime juice
- Prepare 1 teaspoon salt
- Take 2 lemongrass, pounded
- Take 1/2 tablespoon tamarind juice
- Make ready 8 kaffir lime leaves
- Get 2 tablespoons sweet soy sauce 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Take 1/2 teaspoon white pepper powder
- Take 250 ml water
- Take 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Get For the ground spices:
- Get 4 cloves garlic
- Get 10 shallots
- Take 2 chili pepper
- Get 1 inch ginger
- Prepare 1 inch galangal
- Make ready 1 teaspoon salt
Steps to make Ayam Bakar Kecap (Sweet Soy Sauce Grilled Chicken):
- Mix the chicken with lime juice and salt. Set aside for 15 minutes.
- In a food processor, combine all the ground spices ingredients and pulse until finely chopped. Add the vegetable oil and pulse to a fine paste.
- Transfer the paste to a wok and cook over medium-high heat. Add kaffir lime leaves and lemongrass. Stir until fragrant. Add the chicken and cook until the chicken change color.
- Lower the heat. Add sweet soy sauce, white pepper powder, sugar, water, and tamarind juice. Simmer until the chicken is tender and the sauce is permeated.
- Place chicken on a hot, preheated greased grill. Rub the ground spices on the chicken. Grill the chicken until the skin is caramelized. Turn over. Do the same to the other side. Be careful not to burn it.
- Serve with warm rice, sliced cucumbers, tomatoes, and lettuce. Don’t forget the ‘sambal trasi’! 😋
So that’s going to wrap it up for this special food ayam bakar kecap (sweet soy sauce grilled chicken) recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am confident you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!