Hey everyone, it’s Brad, welcome to our recipe site. Today, we’re going to make a distinctive dish, shrimp creole. One of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Shrimp Creole is one of the most well liked of current trending meals in the world. It’s simple, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. Shrimp Creole is something that I have loved my entire life. They’re fine and they look wonderful.
Shrimp creole is a dish of Louisiana Creole origin (French and Spanish heritage), consisting of cooked shrimp in a mixture of whole or diced tomatoes, the “holy trinity” of onion, celery and bell pepper, spiced with hot pepper sauce or cayenne-based seasoning. Shrimp Creole from Delish.com makes the perfect spicy weeknight dinner. In a separate large skillet, heat oil.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can cook shrimp creole using 12 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Shrimp Creole:
- Prepare 1 bellpepper, chopped
- Make ready 1 celery stalk, chopped
- Take 1 onion, chopped
- Make ready 1 tbsp Garlic, chopped
- Get 1 tbsp olive oil
- Make ready 1 can diced tomatoes with bellpepper, onion and cellery
- Make ready 1 can Tomato sauce- large can or 2 8 oz cans, add water as needed
- Take 2 Creole Seasoning
- Take 1 tsp Gumbo Filé
- Make ready 2 fresh bay leaves
- Make ready 1 lb Wild Caught Gulf Shrimp
- Take hot sauce
Adjust the spice to your preference, but don’t be scared of a little heat! Shrimp Creole is near the top of the list. Why would I want to include this dish? Everyone has a recipe for it.
Steps to make Shrimp Creole:
- Clean and devain shrimp, wash, place in bowl, sprinkle creole seasoning on top, cover and place in fridge.
- Turn on stove to med. High, then place chopped garlic, bellpepper, onions, and celery in pan.
- Drizzle olive oil over vegetables.
- Season with a dash of creole seasoning and hot sauce
- Stir the vegtables until tender.
- Stir in can tomatoes, cook for 5 min.
- Add tomato sauce
- Add 2 bay leaves; Creole Seasoning and Hot Sauce to taste; add 1 tsp Gumbo Filé.
- Cover and cook sauce for 1 hour; stir occassionally, and add water as needed.
- Add shrimp for 10 minutes or until thoroughly cooked. Be sure to check so shrimp dont over cook.
- Discard bay leaves
- Serve with Jasmine rice or rice of your choice.
A lot of restaurants, even outside of Louisiana serve it. Why in the hell do I even want to bother? Years ago, when we visited relatives on the eastern coast of North Carolina, they served this dish. I asked for the recipe and it became one of our favorite meals. This Shrimp Creole is a delicious yet easy and elegant meal!
So that’s going to wrap it up for this exceptional food shrimp creole recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m confident that you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!