Hello everybody, it’s Jim, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a distinctive dish, truly dirty rice. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I’m gonna make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Truly Dirty Rice is one of the most favored of current trending meals in the world. It is enjoyed by millions daily. It is simple, it is quick, it tastes delicious. Truly Dirty Rice is something which I have loved my whole life. They are fine and they look fantastic.
To begin with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook truly dirty rice using 19 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Truly Dirty Rice:
- Prepare rice
- Prepare 1/2 cup cuban sofrito, recipe attached
- Get 1 1/2 cup black rice
- Take 3 cup beef broth
- Take 1 tbsp annato seed oil, recipe attached
- Get 1 lb lean ground beef
- Make ready 6 oz diced ham, precooked
- Take 1 cup black beans, I will also attach my recipe for them but you can use rinsed and drained canned beans
- Get 2/3 cup minced yellow onion
- Get 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- Take 3 minced cloves of garlic
- Get 1 tbsp smoked spanish paprika
- Make ready 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Prepare 1/2 tsp salt
- Take 3/4 tsp ground cumin
- Get 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- Prepare 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Get 3/4 tsp sriracha
- Prepare 1 sour cream to garnish
Instructions to make Truly Dirty Rice:
- Wash and rinse rice in cold water until the black color just about stops showing in rinsing.
- Drain well. In a sauce pan bring broth to a boil. Add rice. Reduce heat to low, cover. Cook up to 60 minutes until rice is tender. In the meantime you can prepare sofrito and make annato seed oil.
- In deep skillet, on medium heat, add oil and brown beef until no longer pink.
- Add in ham, cooked beans, sofrito, onion, garlic, red pepper, sriracha and spices. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir in cooked rice, reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes to let flavors blend.
- Serve up nice and hot. Add a dollop of sour cream on top if you wish. Even some shredded cheddar would be good.
- Note: the recipe for the beans and sofrito can easily be frozen with leftovers not used in this recipe. It’s great to have them on hand. If you have a day to cook, prepare them and just defrost making this recipe easier to create:-)
So that is going to wrap this up for this exceptional food truly dirty rice recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m sure that you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!