Hello everybody, it is Louise, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to make a special dish, asian roast chicken. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I’m gonna make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Asian Roast Chicken is one of the most popular of current trending meals in the world. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. It’s easy, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. Asian Roast Chicken is something which I’ve loved my entire life. They are nice and they look wonderful.
The criteria for the best Chinese roast chicken. This Chinese-style roast chicken recipe is developed based on two other famous Chinese dishes, crispy fried chicken (琵琶鸡) which is a favorite Cantonese recipe and Peking duck (北京鸭). The skin is so crispy that it resemble crackers when it is fresh from the oven.
To begin with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can cook asian roast chicken using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Asian Roast Chicken:
- Make ready 1.2-1.4 kg whole chicken
- Make ready Marinate
- Get 1 cup light soy sauce
- Take 1 tbs dark soy sauce
- Make ready 1 tbs oyster sauce
- Make ready 4 tbs honey or maltose
- Get 1 tsp salt
- Get 2 tbs sugar
- Take 1 tbs five spice powder
- Prepare 1 tbs ginger powder
Though the entire process of this Chinese roasted chicken takes a little bit long, it is quite easy. There is a much complex but softer version popular in China. The Chicken is pre-cooked in a soy sauce flavored soup base, followed by a long air-drying process. Then roast with honey water or light soy sauce.
Steps to make Asian Roast Chicken:
- Combine all marinate items and mix well. Stir till sugar, honey, and all power items have dissolved.
- Butterfly chicken by cutting out the backbone. Clean out the innards.
- Place chicken into a Ziploc bag, pour marinate into Ziploc. Massage marinate into chicken. Press out the air from the Ziploc and seal it.
- Marinate chicken for at least 12 hrs to not more than 36 hrs in the fridge.
- Remove chicken from marinate 4 hours before roasting, leaving it out on ur countertop to air dry.
- Preheat oven to 220 deg C. Roast chicken for 40mins at 180 deg C. (Note: roasting time depends on the size of the chicken and your oven heat distribution, adjust accordingly)
Turn the chicken over in marinade occasionally. This Cantonese roast chicken tastes even better than one at a good restaurant. The skin is truly crispy and the meat so moist and tender. Want to to cook a perfect Asian style chicken in the oven? I love Cantonese style BBQ and one of my favorites is the roast chicken.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this exceptional food asian roast chicken recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m confident you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!