Hello everybody, hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, braai mackerel and scallops with padron peppers, aubergine and sweet corn. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I will make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Begin by making the pickled padron peppers. Chef Todd Gray demonstrates how to prepare Pan Seared Sea Scallops with sweet corn and red peppers. How to Make Seared Scallops with Sweet Corn Risotto
Braai mackerel and scallops with padron peppers, aubergine and sweet corn is one of the most popular of current trending foods in the world. It’s simple, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. It’s appreciated by millions every day. They’re nice and they look wonderful. Braai mackerel and scallops with padron peppers, aubergine and sweet corn is something that I have loved my whole life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can have braai mackerel and scallops with padron peppers, aubergine and sweet corn using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Braai mackerel and scallops with padron peppers, aubergine and sweet corn:
- Get 3 fresh mackerel
- Make ready 8 scallops
- Take 1 packet padron peppers
- Take 2 sweet corn
- Get 1 aubergine
- Prepare 2 Lemons
- Make ready 1 bunch thyme
- Get 2 cloves garlic
- Prepare Olive oil
- Get Good sea salt
Serve with couscous or rice for a delicious meal. Scalloped corn is a dish that we make for every single holiday! I think it was because she wanted to be sure that it didn’t get left off the menu. 😉. It’s a staple in our family…the sweet crunch of the corn paired with the soft cornbread goodness…it’s just a really special dish and we all love it!
Instructions to make Braai mackerel and scallops with padron peppers, aubergine and sweet corn:
- Light the BBQ and wait for the coals to turn white
- Wrap the sweet corn in tin foil with some chilli flakes and some butter. Place adjacent to the coals under the grill
- Make a marinade for the mackerel from rosemary, crushed garlic, olive oil, sea salt, lemon juice and pepper. Rub on the fish
- Slice the aubergine lengthways into flat strips. Season the peppers and aubergine with oil, salt and pepper. Place on the grill, turn once blackened
- TIP: Slice a lemon and place on the Braai. Cook the mackerel on top to stop it from sticking and to impart flavour.
- In the last couple minutes sear the scallops on a hot part of the grill.
- Season the padron peppers with salt. Serve and enjoy. 😋
Add fresh chilli, parmesan and a dab of creamy butter to your sweetcorn for a taste sensation. ½ Tablespoons crushed chilli. Heat the butter then add the Parmesan Cheese, parsley and chilli. Rinse corn under cold water and toss it in half of the marinade. Padrón peppers (Galician: pementos de Padrón) or Herbón peppers are a variety of peppers (Capsicum annuum) from the municipality of Padrón in the province of A Coruña, Galicia. Padrón peppers, or pimientos de Padrón, are a popular Spanish tapa.
So that is going to wrap this up for this special food braai mackerel and scallops with padron peppers, aubergine and sweet corn recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m sure you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!