Hello everybody, it is Jim, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a special dish, cornbread upside down casserole. One of my favorites. This time, I will make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Cast Iron Skillet Vidalia Onion Upside Down Cornbread has been one of my most popular recipes for YEARS! Want a beautiful and delicious bread to go along with holiday meals or even just weeknight soups? This cheesy, herbed sweet onion cornbread has got you covered!
Cornbread upside down casserole is one of the most favored of current trending foods in the world. It is appreciated by millions every day. It’s easy, it is fast, it tastes yummy. Cornbread upside down casserole is something which I have loved my whole life. They are fine and they look wonderful.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can cook cornbread upside down casserole using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Cornbread upside down casserole:
- Take 1 box of Jiffy brand cornbread mix
- Take 1 lb ground beef
- Take 1 can chopped black olive
- Make ready 1 stalk of leeks chopped
- Prepare 1 can chopped chilies
- Take 1 can corn, drained
- Make ready 3 cup sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- Make ready 2 cup minute rice
- Take 1 can diced tomatoes
- Get 1 cup water
Cornbread Casserole, a Buttery and Comforting Corn-Filled Side. When I think of the autumn season, there are a few specific ingredients that always come to mind for me more than any other: pumpkins, spices, and corn! Fall is a time of harvest and corn is typically abundant this time of year, making its. Cornbread Casserole Recipe photo by Taste of Home.
Instructions to make Cornbread upside down casserole:
- First thing is to mix the jiffy cornbread according to the package directions. Spoon into a oven proof casserole dish spread evenly.
- Brown ground beef with the leeks and chilies. Drain beef fat.
- Next combine all remaining ingredients except for 2 cups of the shredded cheese
- Pour into the casserole dish on top of the corn bread mixture. Cover with aluminum spoil and bake for 30 minutes at 350°F.
- Next to remove from heat, remove the aluminum foil and sprinkle the remaining 2 cups of cheese evenly across the top. Place back in oven for 5 minutes or until cheese is completely melted.
Nice thing is I have everything in the house to make it so it is a go to when I need a side dish. Mix cornbread and spoon over beef mixture. Cornbread base topped with beef, zesty tomatoes, corn and cheese for a flavorful baked entrée. We all know and love a good upside cake for dessert – peach and pineapple being our favorites – but have you ever had a savory upside down “cake?” Topped with sweet onions and filled with corn, cheddar cheese, bacon and green onions (and cottage cheese!), this upside cornbread is truly. This Tomato Upside-Down Cornbread has it all.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this exceptional food cornbread upside down casserole recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am sure that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!