Hey everyone, I hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, I will show you a way to make a distinctive dish, curried pulled pork. One of my favorites. For mine, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Curried Pulled Pork is one of the most well liked of current trending foods in the world. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. It is easy, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. Curried Pulled Pork is something that I’ve loved my whole life. They’re fine and they look wonderful.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can cook curried pulled pork using 19 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Curried Pulled Pork:
- Make ready 1 each Pork Butt Roast (Boston Butt) 5-6 lbs.
- Get Dry Rub
- Get 2 tbsp Red Curry Powder
- Get 1 tbsp Salt
- Make ready 1/2 tbsp Coriander
- Make ready 1/2 tbsp Granulated Garlic
- Take 1/2 tbsp Black Pepper
- Prepare Sauce
- Prepare 1/4 cup Oyster Sauce
- Take 1/4 cup Ketchup
- Make ready 2 tbsp Molasses
- Get 1 tbsp Soy Sauce
- Get 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- Make ready 1 tbsp Honey
- Prepare 1 tbsp Red Curry Paste
- Make ready 1 tbsp Seasoned Rice Vinegar
- Prepare 1 tsp Granulated Garlic
- Take 1 tsp Ground Ginger
- Prepare 1 tsp Ground Chilis wiht Fried Garlic
Instructions to make Curried Pulled Pork:
- Place a single layer of unlit charcoal on 1/2 of the grill with several chunks of wood.
- Light 1/2 of a chimney starter of charcoal.
- Mix all of the ingredients for the dry rub together thoroughly and apply liberally to the outside of the pork. (Rub recipe will make approximately twice what is needed for one butt roast)
- Once all of the coals are fully lit in the chimney starter, place a drip pan on the unoccupied side of the bottom of the grill, then pour the lit coals evenly over the unlit briquettes and wood chunks.
- Place the top grate on the grill, then place the roast over the drip pan, fat side up, then close the lid and shut down the airflow to a bare minimum needed to maintain a temperature of 200-250°F
- Every 45-60 minutes rotate the roast so that the side closest to the fire does not overcook. Also use these opportunities to replenish the wood chunks if the smoke has died down and/or add more charcoal if the fire is dying down.
- Cook for approximately 6 hours or until the internal temperature of the roast reaches 195-200°F.
- While the roast cooks, combine all of the ingredients for the sauce in a small saucepan and place over medium heat. Stirring constantly, bring the sauce to a boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer and cook for 5 – 10 minutes.
- When the roast is finished smoking, remove from the grill and place in a metal pan or large bowl. Remove the bone and any large pieces of gristle, then shred the pork with two forks.
- Pour the sauce over the meat and mix together thoroughly.
- You can make double the sauce to serve with the pork, or sauce with a Thai-style chili sauce (sweet or hot)
So that is going to wrap it up for this exceptional food curried pulled pork recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am sure that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!