Hello everybody, hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a special dish, jackfruit burgers with zucchini-carrot slaw. One of my favorites. This time, I will make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
These CHIPOTLE BURGERS are topped with a tangy, crunchy, spiralized slaw. These CHIPOTLE BURGERS are topped with a tangy, crunchy, spiralized slaw. A juicy, healthy jackfruit burger with a crunchy zucchini-carrot coleslaw for added texture and flavor!
Jackfruit Burgers with Zucchini-Carrot Slaw is one of the most favored of recent trending meals on earth. It’s simple, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. It is enjoyed by millions every day. They are fine and they look fantastic. Jackfruit Burgers with Zucchini-Carrot Slaw is something which I have loved my whole life.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can cook jackfruit burgers with zucchini-carrot slaw using 29 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Jackfruit Burgers with Zucchini-Carrot Slaw:
- Make ready FOR JACKFRUIT FILLING:
- Make ready 1 tin (1 lb/525 gm) raw jackfruit in brine or 1 cup cooked raw jackfruit
- Prepare 1 medium onion, sliced
- Make ready 2 large cloves garlic, grated
- Get 2 tbsp finely chopped green chillies/jalapenos
- Prepare 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- Make ready 1 tbsp coriander powder
- Get 2 tsp cumin powder
- Make ready 1 tsp red chilli powder
- Prepare 2 tbsp ketchup
- Make ready 2 tbsp Sriracha sauce/hot chilli sauce
- Prepare to taste Salt
- Prepare 2 tbsp oil
- Prepare FOR ZUCCHINI-CARROT SLAW:
- Get 1 large zucchini, grated
- Prepare 1 large carrot, grated
- Get 1/4 cup finely chopped red onions
- Take 2 large dill pickles, finely chopped
- Get 1/4 cup finely chopped capsicum/green bell pepper
- Take 1/2 cup mayonnaise (eggless or with egg)
- Take 1 tsp black pepper powder
- Get 1 tbsp honey
- Get as per taste Salt (optional)
- Get OTHER FIXINGS:
- Prepare as required Butter
- Get 4 large burger buns
- Take some Lettuce leaves
- Get 2 tomatoes, sliced
- Get Few Avocado, sliced (optional)
Sliced almonds add toasty, protein-rich crunch. So, I created a “cabbage-less” slaw using shredded zucchini and carrots. The flavors are absolutely amazing, zesty lime, a hint of sweetness from the sugar, and a tangy bite from the Greek yogurt. A tip for perfectly shaped veggie burgers: While sizzling away in the skillet, I nudge the burgers with the backside of my spatula to gently help form the sides into a perfect Slather your buns with sriracha mayo, pile them high with lettuce, and top each burger with honey-lime slaw or your favorite toppings.
Instructions to make Jackfruit Burgers with Zucchini-Carrot Slaw:
- To make the jackfruit filling: Drain jackfruit from the brine, wash well and cook (either on stovetop or pressure cooker) until soft and tender. Drain again. If using fresh, cook until tender in a pressure cooker.
- When cool, shred the jackfruit using a fork or hands into bite-sized shreds.
- Heat a large skillet or saucepan on medium heat. Once hot, add 2 tbsp oil and stir in the sliced onions Saute until slightly soft and brown then tip in grated or finely chopped garlic and green chilies.
- Fry again on medium heat for a few seconds. Add more oil if needed. Add the spices; turmeric, coriander, cumin and chilli powder and stir to combine. Sauté until the spices are roasted; about a minute.
- Mix in the shredded jackfruit. Add the required amount of ketchup and hot sauce or Sriracha sauce along with salt to taste and mix well.
- Adjust the amount of sweetness and salt according to personal taste. Cook on medium heat, covered for about 10 minutes until the jackfruit is well cooked and has absorbed all the lovely flavors! Keep stirring in between. Once the jackfruit has cooked and is almost dry, remove and let cool.
- In the meantime, make the zucchini-carrot slaw. In a small bowl, stir mayonnaise with honey, salt to taste and black pepper powder. Taste and adjust seasonings to your taste.
- Mix all the coleslaw ingredients along with mayonnaise.
- Store in refrigerator until ready to serve.
- To assemble burgers: Toast the sliced burger buns with a little butter on a skillet (optional). Place a large lettuce leaf on the bottom bun. Place generous portions of the jackfruit filling on top.
- Either layer the coleslaw on top of the jackfruit or serve on the side. Optional toppings are avocado slices, tomatoes, lettuce leaves, sliced onions, etc. Serve with extra hot sauce, ketchup, mayonnaise or any dressing on the side!
- Enjoy fresh, homemade spicy jackfruit burgers with a side of potato chips/fries and a glass of freshly squeezed fruit juice!
If you’re interested in trying jackfruit recipes, these curry burger patties are for you! They are the perfect substitute for red meat. Because I’m obsessed with this unique fruit, and I can’t wait to tell you about it. For these satisfying burgers, we’re taming the heat of our serrano pepper with a marinade of light, sweet agave nectar, made from Tangy goat cheese and a two-in-one spread of Dijon mustard and mayonnaise perfectly balance the juicy beef—served with a bright, garlicky slaw of seasonal zucchini. “We made an amazing shredded jackfruit “pulled pork” burger with a mushroom and tofu based sauce. It’s such an explosion of asian flavours.” All the best, Dave & Steve.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this special food jackfruit burgers with zucchini-carrot slaw recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am confident you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!