Hello everybody, I hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, orange chicken. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I am going to make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Stir in the orange zest, brown sugar, ginger, garlic, chopped onion, and red pepper flakes. Now, for orange chicken (and other similar sticky chicken dishes), the coating for the chicken is key! I do the back-and-forth-between-the-two-halves-of-the-shell thing, but you can separate the whites however your heart, soul, or family tradition dictates.
Orange chicken is one of the most favored of recent trending foods in the world. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. It’s simple, it is quick, it tastes yummy. They’re nice and they look fantastic. Orange chicken is something which I’ve loved my entire life.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can cook orange chicken using 22 ingredients and 22 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Orange chicken:
- Make ready 3.5 chicken fillet
- Make ready 6 tbsp flour
- Get 3 tbsp corn flour
- Prepare 1 egg
- Take 1/2 tsp salt
- Get 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Prepare 1/2 tsp white pepper
- Get 1 cup chilled water
- Get FOR ORANGE GRAVY:
- Make ready 2 oranges juice
- Get 2 cloves garlic
- Get 1 small piece of ginger
- Make ready 1 tsp salt
- Take 1 tsp sugar
- Prepare 2 tsp brown sugar
- Make ready 1 tsp red chilli flakes
- Take 2 tbsp soya sauce
- Prepare 2 tbsp vinegar
- Prepare 1 tbsp chilli oil
- Prepare 3 tbsp corn flour
- Take 1 cup water
- Get 1 tsp chicken powder
Serve over hot cooked rice and sprinkle with fresh parsley, if desired. Coat chicken pieces in egg, then toss in cornstarch mixture, tapping off any excess. In a large, deep skillet over medium-high heat, heat ¼” oil. Fry chicken in batches until golden and crispy.
Steps to make Orange chicken:
- Cut chicken fillet in to cubes..
- In a bowl add flour and corn flour..
- Now add salt,black and white pepper.. mix well..
- Now add egg and chilled water(chilled water help in making crispy chicken)
- Make paste(paste should neither too thick nor runny)
- Now add chicken and rest for 15 mins..
- Heat oil and deep fry chicken.. (fry in 3 equal portion so that each bite coat and fry well)
- Do not put all in one batch..
- Turn when one side is done.. set a side..
- Take two oranges..
- Crushed garlic and ginger..
- In a wok add orange juice (deseed it
- Add ginger garlic crushed..
- Then soya sauce,salt,sugar and brown sugar (i forgot so add later)
- Now add red chilli flakes and vinegar..
- 1 cup water and chicken powder..
- Lastly corn flour and whisk well
- Cook on low flame for 5 min..
- When bubbles start add chilli oil and brown sugar (which i forgot) cook for 2,3 min more..
- Now add fried chicken and cook for 2 min..
- Sprinkle some spring onion and remove from stove..
- Serve with fried veggeis sphagetti and enjoy…garnish with oranges as well..
The key to the best orange chicken lies in, not surprisingly, the orange sauce. The ingredients are easy to find. It calls for orange juice, orange zest, soy sauce, sugar, apple cider vinegar and chili sauce. This Chinese Orange Chicken is made with boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-size pieces, dredged, and then fried until golden and crispy. It is a sweet orange sauce made with orange juice, vinegar, garlic, sugar, soy sauce, ginger, red chili flakes, and orange zest.
So that is going to wrap it up for this special food orange chicken recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am sure you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!