Hey everyone, it is me again, Dan, welcome to our recipe site. Today, we’re going to prepare a distinctive dish, cream puffs with french vanilla cream filling. One of my favorites. This time, I will make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
CREAM PUFF FILLING (French vanilla Cream) A simple yet delicious recipe for cream puff filling / french Vanilla Pastry Cream – a rich, creamy custard used in many types of desserts! This French vanilla cream for cream puff filling is basically a delicious, rich, creamy custard thickened with starch and eggs and usually flavored with vanilla. The filling is usually vanilla cream, but choux a la crème also have whipped cream and are dusted with confectioner’s sugar.
Cream Puffs with French Vanilla Cream Filling is one of the most favored of current trending meals on earth. It’s easy, it is fast, it tastes delicious. It is appreciated by millions daily. They are nice and they look fantastic. Cream Puffs with French Vanilla Cream Filling is something that I have loved my entire life.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can cook cream puffs with french vanilla cream filling using 18 ingredients and 18 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Cream Puffs with French Vanilla Cream Filling:
- Make ready cream puff shells
- Prepare 1/2 cup milk, any type you have I use 2%
- Get 1/2 cup water
- Get 4 oz butter, which is equal to 1/2 cup or 1 stick
- Take 1 cup all-purpose flour
- Get 4 large eggs, at room temperature
- Prepare 1/4 tsp salt
- Prepare 1 tsp granulated sugar
- Make ready cream puff filling
- Get 1 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- Get 1 cup milk,any type you have I used 2%
- Take 1 (3.4 ounce) box French Vanilla instant pudding dry mix. I used Jello brand. If you can not find French vanilla you can substitute with vanilla instant pudding
- Prepare 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Make ready chocolate glaze
- Get 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Take 8 oz semi sweet chocolate, chopped (chocolate chips can be used)
- Make ready garnish
- Take sprinkles or shaved white chocolate depending on season or event!
Fill cream puffs just before serving; replace tops. Cream puffs are made from a choux pastry (aka pâte à choux) which is just a light pastry dough made with flour, eggs, butter, and water. The puffed up hollow shells are perfect for filling with pastry cream or whipped cream for an easy, elegant dessert! Cream puffs are a classic French dessert.
Instructions to make Cream Puffs with French Vanilla Cream Filling:
- Make cream puff shells
- Preheat oven to 400. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium heavy saucepan add water, milk, butter,salt and sugar.Bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat and add flour all at once. Return to low heat and stir vigorously for about 1 minute until it forms a ball. Remove from heat And cool 5 minutes
- Beat in eggs, one at a time and beat until glossy about 1 to 2 minutes
- Drop by heaping tablespoons on prepared parchment paper about 2 inches apart.
- Bake sour 20 to 23 minutes until puffed, golden and dry looking. They should sound hollow when lightly tapped. Insert a skewer in each puff to vent. Cool.compeatly on wire rack.
- Make cream puff filling
- Whip heavy cream in a large chilled bowl until soft peaks form, add vanilla. Keep at soft peaks, it will be whipped more with the pudding
- Working quickly combine milk and pudding mix.
- Immediately combine pudding/milk mixture with whipped cream, beat until combined and has firm peaks about 1 minute.
- Fill cream puffs
- With a small sharp knife cut a,small opening I top of puff, remove any soft loose part, if needed, from inside to have a clean hollow middle
- Pipe or spoon in cream filling to fill puff.
- Replace cream puff top. Refrigerate cream puffs.
- Make chocolate glaze
- Heat cream just to a simmer, remove from heat add chopped chocolate. Let sit undisturbed for 1 minute then stir until smooth
- Spoon chocolate glaze over filled cream puffs while warm. Add garnish on warm cnocolate so it sticks. Refrigerate until chocolate is set. Keep and serve chilled
The filling was light I’ll give you that but it was also quite runny. I did not give up on this recipe. This way it still stays light but is thick enough to work with. The modified version is amazing in cream puffs! Make pastry cream well in advance, so it can chill thoroughly and thicken up.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this exceptional food cream puffs with french vanilla cream filling recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am confident that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!