Hello everybody, it’s Jim, welcome to our recipe page. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, mexican meatball soup aka sopa de albondigas. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I will make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Mexican Meatball soup aka Sopa de Albondigas is one of the most favored of recent trending foods on earth. It’s appreciated by millions every day. It is simple, it is quick, it tastes delicious. Mexican Meatball soup aka Sopa de Albondigas is something that I’ve loved my whole life. They’re nice and they look fantastic.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can have mexican meatball soup aka sopa de albondigas using 22 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Mexican Meatball soup aka Sopa de Albondigas:
- Get Sauce
- Make ready 5 roma tomatoes
- Get 1/4 a small onion
- Take 1 clove garlic
- Prepare Soup
- Prepare 10 cup boiling water (or as needed/desired)
- Take 1/2 head Onion (medium sized)
- Get 3 clove garlic
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup carrots (diced)
- Take 1 1/2 cup chayote (diced)
- Prepare 2 cup potatoes (sliced)
- Make ready 1 3/4 cup zucchini (thinly sliced)
- Prepare 1 tbsp KNORR Beef flavor bouillon or any kind of bouillon of your liking
- Get 1 Salt to taste
- Make ready 5 Cilantro with stems
- Make ready Meatballs
- Take 1 lb ground beef (or any ground meat of your choice)
- Prepare 1/2 cup white rice
- Take 1 egg
- Take 1 tbsp mint (finely chopped)
- Get tsp 1/8 of salt
- Take 1 tbsp all purpose flour (optional)
Instructions to make Mexican Meatball soup aka Sopa de Albondigas:
- In a big pot boil the water along with the garlic and the onion. (On medium to low heat) Cover with a lid.
- Blend together the tomatoes, onion, and garlic in a blender (do not add water into the blender). Then add the sauce to the boiling pot. Cover with a lid and wait until it begins to bubble. TIP: If you feel like it may need more water then do so in 1/2 cup increments.
- In a seperate bowl, mix with your hands or with a stand mixer with a paddle attachment, the ground beef, mint, egg, rice, salt, and flour. Form into balls (about the size of a golf ball), set them aside.
- Peel your vegetables (except zucchinis) and cut them thinly or into small cubes. Place the carrots and chayote in a bowl. In a seperate bowl place the zucchinis. Place the potatoes in a bowl of water and set them aside. TIP: This prevents the potatoes from browning and it removes the starch from the potatoes.
- Once you notice your soup boiling add your meatballs to the pot, carefully. Cover with a lid and wait for it to boil again (around 5-10 minutes depending on your stove).
- Once you notice your meatballs are beginning to darken and your soup is boiling, add the carrots and chayote. Cover with a lid. Make sure you have this over a low heat, you do not want to overcook your meat and veggies. TIP: If you begin to notice grease foam at the top of the pot, you may use a ladel to remove as much as you can without removing to much water.
- Once your pot is boiling again, check the carrots and chayote. Take one of each out of the pot. Check to see if its ready by cutting into it with a knife. If you feel a lot of resistance, then cover the pot and allow to boil for another 5 minutes. Check again and if you feel that it shows little resistance then add the potatoes. (Make sure to drain the potatoes, do not add them with the water filled with starch). Cover the pot. Boil for a few minutes. TIP: Make sure everytime you add a new ingredient or vegetable that its not fully cooked. Otherwise you will end up with a soggy mess.
- Add the zucchinis lastly, and cover with a lid and allow to boil for 5 minutes. Add your seasoning. Salt to taste, bouillon, and cilantro leaves. You may leave out the 1/2 onion. Cover with the lid and allow to boil for a few minutes longer. Turn off the heat. You can let it sit for a bit or serve yourseld. Enjoy!
So that’s going to wrap this up with this special food mexican meatball soup aka sopa de albondigas recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m confident you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!