Hello everybody, it is me again, Dan, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a special dish, soft pretzels. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Soft Pretzels is one of the most popular of recent trending foods on earth. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. It is simple, it is quick, it tastes delicious. They are fine and they look fantastic. Soft Pretzels is something that I’ve loved my entire life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can have soft pretzels using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Soft Pretzels:
- Prepare yeast prep
- Make ready 4 tsp active dry yeast
- Make ready 1 tsp white sugar
- Prepare 1 1/4 cup warm water (110′ F)
- Get dough
- Make ready 5 cup all purpose flour
- Take 1/2 cup white sugar
- Get 1 1/2 tsp salt
- Prepare 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- Get baking/topping
- Make ready 1/2 cup baking soda
- Get 4 cup hot water
- Take 1/4 cup kosher salt (for topping)
Instructions to make Soft Pretzels:
- In a small bowl, dissolve yeast and 1 teaspoon sugar in warm water. Let stand until creamy, about 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, 1/2 cup sugar, and salt. Make a well in the center; add the oil and yeast mixture. Mix and form into a dough. If the mixture is dry, add one or two tablespoons of water. Knead the dough until smooth, about 7 to 8 minutes. Lightly oil a large bowl, place the dough in the bowl and turn to coat with oil. Cover with damp towel and let rise in a warm place until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 450°F (230 degrees C). In a large bowl, dissolve baking soda in hot water.
- When risen, turn dough out onto a lightly flouredsurface anddivide into 12 equal pieces. Roll each piece into a rope and twist into a pretzel shape. Once all of the dough is all shaped, dip each pretzel into the baking soda solution and place on a greased baking sheet. Sprinkle with kosher salt.
- Bake in preheated oven for 8 minutes, until browned.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this special food soft pretzels recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am sure you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!