Hey everyone, it’s me again, Dan, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, octopus and olives salad. It is one of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Octopus pulpo salad with tentacles tomato celery black olives in bowl on white background Mixed fish salad, with octopus, tomatoes and olives. At sunset dinner, in a European restaurant I love sea salad with shrimps, octopus, squid, tuna, olives, peas and beans. You can find Octopus and Potato Salad recipe in all Italian seafood and fish restaurants with little differences from region to region; for example in Liguria they add Taggiasca olives and pine nuts and in the southern regions they add hot chili peppers or capers, but the basic recipe is the same all over.
Octopus and olives salad is one of the most favored of recent trending meals on earth. It is simple, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. It is enjoyed by millions daily. Octopus and olives salad is something that I’ve loved my whole life. They are nice and they look fantastic.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can cook octopus and olives salad using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Octopus and olives salad:
- Prepare 1 kg octopus
- Make ready 1 jar olives chopped into pieces without the pip
- Prepare Oil
- Take 5/6 juniper berries
- Take 4 bay leaves
- Prepare Vinegar
- Take Salt
- Make ready Flat leaves parsley
Cooking octopus for your octopus salad takes some bit of technique. If you’re not precise about it, you may end up with chewy rubbery meat. In the bowl with the sliced octopus, add the lemon, extra virgin olive oil, salt, and pepper. Make sure to mix all the ingredients well.
Steps to make Octopus and olives salad:
- In a large pan bring water to boil with the juniper berries broke in half, the bay leaves, salt and a drop of white vinegar
- When it boils drop the octopus in the water by submerging it first 3/4 times as per video below. As you can see tentacles start to curl immediately with the hot water.
- Submerge the octopus and leave it in the simmering water on low heat for about 30 min. Now the cooking time depends on the size of the octopus so I would suggest to start with a 30 min timer and then cook it longer if needed. You know that it’s ready when you can easily put a fork through the middle part of the octopus without needing force.
- When ready remove it from the water and you can either simply chop it into pieces or if you want to remove some of the skin simply peel it out with your hands under cold water and then chop it
- Add olive oil, parsley, and lemon. Mix in the olives. You can keep it covered in the fridge and if you make it in advance, serve at room temperature.
I then made an octopus summer salad, with pine nuts and olives. I savoured it as it was the last, succulent peach before autumn arrives and dedicated some time to my book. When I first began cooking, I was afraid of two things: octopus and the pressure cooker. Octopus salad with olives – download this royalty free Stock Photo in seconds. This Portuguese octopus salad is simply devine.
So that is going to wrap it up with this special food octopus and olives salad recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am confident you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!