Hey everyone, I hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, southern potato salad. One of my favorites. For mine, I am going to make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Southern Potato Salad is one of the most favored of current trending foods in the world. It is easy, it is fast, it tastes yummy. It is enjoyed by millions daily. Southern Potato Salad is something which I have loved my whole life. They are nice and they look wonderful.
To get started with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can have southern potato salad using 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Southern Potato Salad:
- Prepare 5 large Red potatoes
- Make ready 2 stock Celery chopped
- Get 1 small Onion chopped
- Get 1 small Green bell pepper chopped
- Prepare 4 Eggs
- Take 6 slice Bacon
- Prepare 1 Mayonnaise
- Make ready 1 Yellow or brown mustard
- Get 1 Cajun seasoning
- Take 1 Salt and pepper
- Take 1 dash Crab and shrimp boil seasoning
- Get 1 Green onion chopped
- Make ready 1 Sweet relish
Steps to make Southern Potato Salad:
- Bring water in large pot to a boil add a pinch of salt and dash of crab and shrimp boil seasoning. Wash and cube potatoes add to boiling water and cook until you can stick them with fork. (Should not be too soft or potatoes will turn mushy in salad) Add eggs gently, and immediately after you add potatoes.
- When potatoes are done drain DO NOT RINSE, place eggs in cool water and let potatoes cool. Finely chop celery, onions, green bell peppers, and bacon (save some bacon bits for top garnish) put in large serving bowl. Add cooled potatoes (it’s ok if they are still a little warm) sprinkle with Cajun seasoning, salt and pepper toss to coat evenly.
- Add mayonnaise, mustard, relish (to your preference of taste) toss gently to coat. Add sliced eggs toss once more. Garnish with green onions and bacon bits. Enjoy!
- Notes: You can use powder or liquid crab and shrimp boil seasoning. To add a little kick use spicy brown mustard and dash of paprika. This is also great served with Cajun Stew!
So that’s going to wrap this up for this special food southern potato salad recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am confident you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!