Hello everybody, it is Brad, welcome to our recipe page. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, easy mexican rice w/ bacon. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Easy Mexican Rice w/ Bacon is one of the most well liked of recent trending foods in the world. It’s simple, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. It is appreciated by millions every day. They’re fine and they look fantastic. Easy Mexican Rice w/ Bacon is something which I have loved my whole life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can have easy mexican rice w/ bacon using 6 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Easy Mexican Rice w/ Bacon:
- Take 1/2 lb bacon
- Make ready 1 medium yellow onion- diced
- Make ready 1 cup medium to long grain white rice
- Make ready 1 1/2 tsp chili power
- Take 1 can Rotel Tomatoes
- Make ready 1 2/3 cup (approximately) water
Instructions to make Easy Mexican Rice w/ Bacon:
- Dice the bacon & fry in skillet until crispy
- Remove cooked bacon but leave the bacon grease. You may need to remove some of the bacon grease, you only want enough to coat the rice & onion
- Add diced onion and rice to bacon grease
- On medium heat brown the rice to a golden brown. Stirring to brown as evenly as possible
- Add chili powder, stir in and let cook a few minutes, the longer you let it heat the more depth to the flavor.
- Add Rotel Tomatoes – undrained
- Add water – about 1 2/3 cup since the Rotel has about 1/3 cup liquid
- Bring to a boil, cover and lower heat to simmer until liquid is absorbed and rice is done. About 20 minutes
- Sprinkle crispy bacon on top and serve
So that’s going to wrap this up for this special food easy mexican rice w/ bacon recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am sure you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!