Hey everyone, it’s Jim, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to make a distinctive dish, chicago-style “sassidge sangwitch”. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I am going to make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Chicago-style “Sassidge Sangwitch” is one of the most popular of current trending foods on earth. It is appreciated by millions every day. It’s simple, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. They are fine and they look fantastic. Chicago-style “Sassidge Sangwitch” is something that I have loved my whole life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can cook chicago-style “sassidge sangwitch” using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Chicago-style “Sassidge Sangwitch”:
- Get 1 lb Quality Italian Sausage
- Take 1 each Red, Yellow and Green Bell Pepper, cut into vertical strips
- Take 1/2 cup Italian dressing
- Get 2 Sweet Onions, sliced
- Make ready 2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive oil
- Make ready 1 tbsp Garlic cloves, minced
- Take 3 pinch Crushed Red Pepper & Oregano, dried
- Take 1 Salt & Fresh Cracked Pepper
- Prepare 2 Italian bread loaves, sliced widthwise
- Take 1 tbsp Mild or Hot Giardiniera, per sandwich (Mezzetta Chicago-style Italian Sandwich Mix)
Steps to make Chicago-style “Sassidge Sangwitch”:
- In a medium bowl | Add Onions, Peppers, Italian dressing, Garlic, Fresh Cracked Pepper, Crushed Red Pepper, and Oregano | tossing them around until coated
- Poke each Sausage with a Fork 4-5 times | Add everything into a zip lock bag and marinate overnight or 2-4 hours
- Preheat oven to 350° | Add Everything to a 9 x13 Glass Baking pan | Bake for 40-60mins until Sausage is cooked | Add Peppers in the last 30 minutes | Flip & Toss everything around few times during cooking time
- Building your “Sassidge Sangwitch”: Place a sausage on a bun, slather in good yellow mustard, top with an ample amount of caramelized onions, peppers, and Giardiniera
- Bon Appétit 🙂
- In Chicago, Italian Sausage Sandwiches are a local tradition specializing on Italian Beef and “Sassidge Sangwitches” (as the locals pronounce it). A popular version is the “Combo”, where the sausage is nestled in with Italian Beef on a wet roll. Some places offer it with a marinara sauce and melted mozzarella.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this special food chicago-style “sassidge sangwitch” recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am confident you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!