Hey everyone, it is Jim, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, soft pretzel wrapped cheesy dogs. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I will make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Soft Pretzel Wrapped Cheesy Dogs is one of the most well liked of recent trending meals in the world. It’s easy, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. It’s appreciated by millions daily. Soft Pretzel Wrapped Cheesy Dogs is something which I’ve loved my entire life. They are nice and they look fantastic.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can have soft pretzel wrapped cheesy dogs using 11 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Soft Pretzel Wrapped Cheesy Dogs:
- Get 3/4 cup warm water ( 110 to 115 degree )
- Prepare 2 tsp granulated sugar
- Make ready 1 tsp kosher salt
- Get 1 1/2 tsp active dry yeast
- Get 2 1/4 cup flour. I use bread flour
- Take 1 tbsp melted butter
- Take 10 cup water
- Get 2/3 cup baking soda
- Prepare 1 large egg, beaten well
- Make ready 1 Pretzel or course kosher salt
- Get 8 cheesy hot dogs or smoked sausage
Instructions to make Soft Pretzel Wrapped Cheesy Dogs:
- Combine the 3/4 cup warm water, sugar and kosher salt and mix well. Sprinkle yeast on top. Let sit about 5 minutes or until mixture starts to look foamy.
- Add the flour and butter. Mix on low speed with dough hook attachment. Can also make in bread machine using dough setting, or knead by hand.
- Mix on medium speed until dough pulls away from sides and is smooth. About 4 to 5 minutes.
- Remove the dough from mixer and place in large oiled bowl. Roll around to cover dough with oil slightly.
- Cover and let rise until double in size. Preheat oven to 450°F.
- line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper and brush with a little oil.
- Bring the 10 cups of water to a rolling boil and then add the baking soda. Be careful it will foam up so make sure you use deep pan.
- Take risen dough and divide into 8 equal pieces. With your hands stretch each piece into a long rope. about 12 inches long.
- With hands or rolling pin, roll the ropes flat. To me it looks like big noodles at this point. Starting at one end of hotdog, start rolling dough ropes around hotdogs in a spiral pattern until all the dogs are covered. I like pinching dough around ends to seal.
- Place the pretzels into water/soda mixture one at a time for 30 seconds. Remove with slotted spoon to drain excess water from them and place back on cookie sheet lined with oiled parchment.
- Brush dogs with egg and water mixture and sprinkle with salt to your taste.
- Bake for !0 – 12 minutes or until browned to your liking. I like mine medium browned but it up to you. Just keep an eye out so they don’t overcook.
- When done let cool for at least 5 minutes before serving. Eat alone or with your favorite dipping sauce.
- Can also be made with little smokies or meat of your choice cut into about 2 inch pieces. Making the bite size will produce more and are great for kids and parties.
So that is going to wrap this up with this exceptional food soft pretzel wrapped cheesy dogs recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am sure you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!