Hey everyone, it is Drew, welcome to our recipe page. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, creamy green leek & pea pasta. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I am going to make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Green Lentils Leek meal – Meat Free Monday. It is Monday and another exciting week is starting. Orange Creamy Green Lentils with Leek.
Creamy Green Leek & Pea Pasta is one of the most well liked of recent trending meals on earth. It’s appreciated by millions every day. It’s easy, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. They’re nice and they look fantastic. Creamy Green Leek & Pea Pasta is something that I have loved my entire life.
To get started with this recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can cook creamy green leek & pea pasta using 15 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Creamy Green Leek & Pea Pasta:
- Get 1 tbsp (15 ml) olive oil
- Prepare 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- Take 2 stalks green onions, thinly sliced
- Get 1 large leek, green tops removed, tailed, halved, washed, thinly sliced
- Take 1 jalapeño, de-seeded, minced
- Get 1 large head broccoli, outer fibrous layer of stem removed, chopped into small pieces, green tops cut into florets
- Prepare 1 tsp (5 g) salt
- Take 225 g frozen peas
- Make ready 100 g frozen spinach
- Make ready 1/2 tsp dried basil
- Take 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- Make ready 1/4 tsp dried mint (optional)
- Prepare 400 g fusilli pasta, or other pasta of choice (GF if desired)
- Make ready 250 ml plant-based cooking cream (we used soy, but you could use oat or almond if GF)
- Make ready 1 tbsp (15 ml) lemon juice (the juice from about ½ a lemon)
The most flavorful Creamy Potato Leek Soup ever! A bowl of hearty dairy-free potato soup with a The delicious comfort food of potato leek soup is enhanced with roasted garlic and creamy starchy. A creamy soup doesn’t have to mean lots of cream Puréed leeks in this soup provide body as well as flavor, and a handful of rice helps give it Bright Green Leek Soup. This creamy soup passed the family taste test with flying colors, even though there isn’t an ounce of dairy in it!
Instructions to make Creamy Green Leek & Pea Pasta:
- Cut the stem off the head of broccoli. Cut away the fibrous outer layer of the stem. Chop the remaining stem into bite-sized pieces. The green tops of the broccoli can be cut into small bite-sized pieces.
- To a large pot on high heat, add the olive oil, and when hot, add in the garlic, green onion, leek, jalapeño, broccoli stems, and salt. Note, the salt here helps to draw the water our of the veggies, which helps it all cook faster. Cook this for 5 minutes, or until the leeks become soft and translucent.
- Then add the peas, spinach, basil, oregano, and mint, cooking for another 5 – 6 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to the package instructions, adding the broccoli florets in the last couple minutes. Just before draining it all, scoop out 120 ml cooking water from pasta and add to the veggie pan. Then drain the pasta and broccoli florets.
- Add the cooking cream to the veggie pot, and stir to combine. You can leave this pasta sauce chunky as is, or make it smooth by blending it all up using an immersion blender or standing blender. We chose to blend about half of ours with an immersion blender, making it part-chunky and part-smooth.
- Add the pasta and broccoli to the sauce, along with the lemon juice, and toss to coat.
- Serve while hot, alongside some lemon wedges and garnished with fresh basil leaves.
I have to say I was surprised that this soup was such a hit since it is probably the least. This creamy Vegetable Leek Soup with potatoes and carrots is thick and creamy while being Read to the end to learn my trick for making creamy soups that doesn’t require cream or flour to thicken. Loaded with fresh herbs and spring greens, this luscious spinach-leek mixture works beautifully as a filling for our Savory Spring Tartlets. Soup season is officially here and this creamy, dairy free Leek and Potato soup will help warm you up through the winter blues. One we really like for this is this mixed greens, fennel, and pear salad, an unexpected combination that still allows your main course to shine.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this exceptional food creamy green leek & pea pasta recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am confident that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!