Hey everyone, it is me, Dave, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a special dish, heathy one-pot dish- hot ‘and’ spicy bisi belle bath. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I’m gonna make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Heathy one-pot dish- Hot ‘and’ spicy Bisi Belle Bath is one of the most popular of recent trending foods in the world. It is appreciated by millions daily. It is easy, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. They are nice and they look wonderful. Heathy one-pot dish- Hot ‘and’ spicy Bisi Belle Bath is something which I’ve loved my entire life.
Bisi belle bath or bisi belle huliyana is a spicy rice-based dish made with toor dal and other spices. This Indian dish, traditionally called Bisi Bele Bath, literally translates to hot lentil rice dish, which is perfect because that’s exactly what it is. It’s a spicy, healthy, nutritious, and flavorful one-pot meal prepared using aromatic spices and vegetables of your choice.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook heathy one-pot dish- hot ‘and’ spicy bisi belle bath using 24 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Heathy one-pot dish- Hot ‘and’ spicy Bisi Belle Bath:
- Make ready 1 cup Tur dal
- Prepare 1 bowl boiled white rice
- Make ready 5 inches tamarind pulp
- Get 1 tsp mustard seeds
- Get 1 cup onion chopped
- Make ready 1 tomato chopped
- Take 3 sprigs curry leaves
- Get 4-6 brinjals slit vertically in half
- Make ready 1 cup carrots chopped
- Make ready 1&1/2 cups chow chow chopped
- Get 1 cup beans chopped
- Get 3 tsp salt
- Prepare 1 tsp turmeric powder
- Prepare 3 tbsp chilli powder
- Make ready 1 tsp garam masala/bisi bele bath masala
- Prepare as needed Water as mentioned in method
- Prepare as needed Oil
- Take 3 tbsp ghee
- Take For the spice powder:-
- Make ready 1 tsp tur dal
- Prepare 1 tsp dhaniya
- Make ready 3-5 dried red chillies
- Get as needed Oil for tempering
- Get as needed Peanut powder & chopped coriander for garnish
Bisibelebath (Bisi Bele Bath) is a very popular recipe from Karnataka prepared in the Instant Pot Electric Pressure Cooker. In kannada, bisi means hot, bele means lentil and bath means rice. Bisi bele bath powder is a spice blend that is added to a very popular dish in Karnataka known as Bisi bele bath, which is a spicy one pot rice, lentil and vegetable dish. I remember having this famous dish for the first time in Bangalore in one of the MTR.
Instructions to make Heathy one-pot dish- Hot ‘and’ spicy Bisi Belle Bath:
- Cook the Tur dal in 2 &1/2 glasses water In a pressure cooker for 2 whistles.
- Boil 1 cup of white rice until it’s mashed well. Dal & rice ratio must be equal for best taste
- Soak the tamarind pulp in some water for 15 mins. We will use only the juice & not the whole pulp in our recipe.
- In a pan add the mustard seeds. Once they begin to papaya, add the chopped onions, tomato, curry leaves & coriander. Stir fry for 2 mins.
- Soak the brinjals in water for 5 mins & set aside. Prepare the other veggies. You can use all except lady’s finger & beetroot in this dish.
- Put all the veggies into the pan and stir fry for a few mins.
- Add the salt, chilli powder & turmeric powder at this stage. Mix well. Pour water just enough to cover the veggies. Cover & cook until the vegetables soften a bit but don’t get mashed completely.
- Add the mashed dal with the boiled rice. Mix completely. Pour the tamarind juice into the veggies. Add the cooked veggies to the rice & mix again. This step is done off the heat.
- Next we make the flavouring podi. This gives extra kick to the dish. Fry the ingredients mentioned under ‘podi’ in a tsp oil. Once it cools powder it in a mixer. Add that along with 1 tsp garam masala or ready made bisi bele bath powder to the rice. Mix well.
- Finally add the ghee to the bisi bele bath. Garnish with fresh chopped coriander & peanut powder. Serve hot with pappad, mango pickle & tomato raita.
- Additional tip: I have used Palli podi for garnishing. It’s a powder famous in Andhra that is made by powdering peanuts, red chillies & garlic together. This is optional as the podi we make in step 9 itself gives great flavour.
Bisi Bele Bath Recipe (Bisi Bele Huli Anna) – a traditional classic dish from Karnataka What brand of bisi bele bath powder to use? A one pot rice dish is a fab way to use up leftovers A spicy, filling one pot that has a bit of added zing. Bisi bele bath masala is available in grocery stores also. Bisi bele bhath is a rice and lentil based dish from Karnataka. It is a healthy wholesome dish prepared with rice, lentils or dal, vegetables, and spices/bisibelebath powder. pour the tempering and serve bisi bele bath with boodi or mixture.
So that is going to wrap it up for this special food heathy one-pot dish- hot ‘and’ spicy bisi belle bath recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am sure that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!