Hey everyone, it’s Jim, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a distinctive dish, mike’s oxtail pepper stew. One of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
How to make Oxtail Beef Stew with Poblano Peppers. In this recipe, the oxtail is paired with Poblano peppers in a tomato-based stew that can be served with white rice and enjoyed with some warm crusty bread. Jamaican Oxtail Stew – out-of-this-world delicious oxtail stew braised with butter beans in a flavorful deep gravy spiced up primarily with allspice, thyme, paprika, Scotch bonnet pepper, curry powder, and browning sauce.
Mike’s Oxtail Pepper Stew is one of the most well liked of current trending foods in the world. It’s simple, it is fast, it tastes yummy. It’s appreciated by millions every day. They are nice and they look wonderful. Mike’s Oxtail Pepper Stew is something which I’ve loved my entire life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can have mike’s oxtail pepper stew using 33 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Mike’s Oxtail Pepper Stew:
- Make ready ● For The Protein
- Get 3 Pounds Raw Beef Oxtail [or 6 pieces]
- Get ● For The Broth / Fluids
- Prepare 3 (32 oz) Box Beef Broth
- Take 2 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- Get 2 tbsp Kitchen Bouquet
- Get Water [as needed]
- Prepare 1 Cup Au Jus
- Make ready ● For The Peppers
- Make ready 1/2 Each : LG Green – Yellow – Red & Orange Bells [chopped]
- Take 1 LG Jalapeno Pepper [chopped]
- Make ready 1 tbsp Red Pepper Flakes
- Take 1 tbsp Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- Prepare 1 (10 oz) Can ROTELL [with chili peppers]
- Make ready ● For The Vegetables
- Get 1 LG Tomato [chopped]
- Prepare 2 LG Idaho Potatoes [1″ chopped]
- Take 2 LG Celery Stalks [chopped]
- Take 1 LG White Onion [chopped]
- Take 1/2 Cup Yellow Zucchini [sliced]
- Make ready 1/2 Cup Green Zucchini [sliced]
- Prepare 1 Cup Button Mushrooms
- Prepare 2 LG Carrots [chopped]
- Prepare ● For The Dried Seasonings
- Make ready 1 tbsp Parsley
- Make ready 1/2 tsp Thyme
- Prepare 1/2 tsp Oregeno
- Prepare 1/2 tsp Basil
- Take 1/2 tsp Italian Seasoning
- Get 1/2 tsp Crushed Bay Leaves
- Make ready to taste Salt
- Prepare ● For The Thickener [optional]
- Prepare tbsp Equal Parts Corn Starch And Water [2 tbsp to 2 tbsp]
This really rich oxtail stew recipe makes the most of this economical cut of meat for a British classic. Wash the oxtail pieces and pat dry with kitchen paper. Trim off as much excess fat as possible. Put the flour in a freezer bag and season well with salt and pepper.
Steps to make Mike’s Oxtail Pepper Stew:
- Raw oxtails pictured.
- Place oxtails in water and bring to a boil.
- Pull oxtails out of water and set to the side. This it’s an important step since you’re doing this to pull out any impurities from your meat before it simmers in your clean broth.
- Add broth and dried seasonings to a large pot. Chop all veggies and add to broth. Also, add your oxtails.
- Bring stew to a boil then, simmer for 2 hours.
- If desired, you can add a quick slurry to this stew to thicken it up. I usually do. Simply add equal parts corn starch to water and mix well. Bring stew up to a steady boil and add 1/2 of your slurry. Stir fast and allow stew to thicken for a minute. If you want it even thicker, add the rest and stir well. You can even add 2 tbsp more with no negative repercussions.
- Place one large oxtail in each bowl and cover with broth and vegetables. Garnish with fresh parsley. Enjoy with a soft warm dipping bread!
Zachary Zavislak for The New York Times. Season oxtails aggressively with salt and pepper. Heat a large Dutch oven or a heavy-bottomed pot over high heat. Add brown sugar to pot and melt, stirring with a wooden spoon, until it. Oxtail stew dishes are a traditional item in various cuisines.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this special food mike’s oxtail pepper stew recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am confident that you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!