Hello everybody, I hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, strawberry rhubarb coffee cake. One of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Strawberry Rhubarb Coffee Cake is one of the most popular of current trending foods on earth. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. It’s simple, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. They are fine and they look wonderful. Strawberry Rhubarb Coffee Cake is something which I’ve loved my entire life.
In a large saucepan, combine rhubarb, strawberries and lemon juice. Combine sugar and cornstarch; stir into saucepan. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
To begin with this recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can have strawberry rhubarb coffee cake using 21 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Strawberry Rhubarb Coffee Cake:
- Get Filling:
- Make ready 3 Cups Rhubarb, sliced into quarter inch discs
- Get 2 Cups Strawberries, diced
- Get 1/2 Cup Sugar
- Get 1/3 Cup Cornstarch
- Get 2 TBSP. Cold Water
- Take Crumb Topping:
- Get 1 1/3 Cups Brown Sugar
- Make ready 1/4 Cup Flour
- Make ready 1 tsp. Cinnamon
- Get 4 TBSP. Cold Butter, cut into pieces
- Make ready Batter:
- Get 3/4 Cup Cold Butter, cut into pieces
- Prepare 1 1/2 Cups Sugar
- Prepare 4 Eggs
- Get 2 tsp. Vanilla
- Get 1 1/2 tsp. Baking Powder
- Take 1 1/2 tsp. Baking Soda
- Get 1/2 tsp. Salt
- Take 3 Cups Flour
- Take 1 1/2 Cups Sour Cream
In a saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch; stir in rhubarb and strawberries. How to Make Strawberry Rhubarb Coffee Cake: Prepare the strawberry rhubarb filling. Just dump chopped rhubarb and strawberries in a pan with sugar, cornstarch, and a little water over medium heat and five minutes later your kitchen will smell divine and you will have a yummy jam-like filling ready to create a vibrant pink layer in this coffee cake. This Strawberry Rhubarb Coffee Cake is based off a Fleischmann’s Yeast recipe and uses a filling very similar to one you’d use in a strawberry rhubarb pie (always a winner!).
Instructions to make Strawberry Rhubarb Coffee Cake:
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9×13 pan with butter or a non-stick spray, set aside.
- Filling: In a medium sauce pan over medium heat, combine rhubarb, strawberries, sugar, cornstarch, and water. Stir frequently until the cornstarch begins to thicken but the rhubarb is still fairly firm, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Crumb topping: In a large bowl, combine brown sugar, flour, and cinnamon. Using a pastry blender, cut the butter into the mixture until it resembles course sand. Use your hands to squeeze handfuls of topping together, creating some larger clumps,then set aside.
- Cake batter: In a bowl of a stand mixer, beat the cold butter until smooth and creamy. Slowly add the sugar while continuing to beat at medium speed, until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, scraping the bowl and beating well between each addition. Mix in vanilla.
- In separate bowl, whisk together the baking soda, baking powder, salt, and flour, then add the flour mixture to the batter 1 cup at a time, alternating with 1/2 of the sour cream between each addition and mixing on low speed just until everything is combined. Be careful not to over mix.
- Spread half of the cake batter into the bottom of the prepared pan, using a spatula to make an even layer right to the edges of the pan. Top with the strawberry rhubarb filling, gently spreading that to the edges as well. Dollop the remaining cake batter over the top of the filling, using a knife or spatula to gently spread it to the edges.
- Evenly sprinkle the crumb topping over the batter, squeezing handfuls of topping again to make sure there are at least some larger chunks of topping.
- Bake 50-60 minutes until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool completely.
The filling actually creates poke-a-dots throughout the cake because of how you spoon this filling into the cake batter. In a small saucepan, mix cornstarch and sugar; stir in strawberries, rhubarb and water. Combine rhubarb, strawberries and lemon juice in saucepan. Bring to boil, stir constantly until thickened, remove from heat. In large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
So that is going to wrap this up for this exceptional food strawberry rhubarb coffee cake recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m confident you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!