Hey everyone, it is me again, Dan, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, new england corn chowder. One of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
While not as famous as New England’s clam chowder, this corn chowder recipe is every bit as delicious. Bring up to a gentle simmer, reduce heat to low and cook, occasionally stirring, until the potatoes and onions are tender. Ladle half the chowder into a blender and blend into a fine puree.
New England Corn Chowder is one of the most favored of recent trending foods on earth. It is easy, it is fast, it tastes yummy. It is appreciated by millions every day. New England Corn Chowder is something that I’ve loved my entire life. They’re fine and they look wonderful.
To get started with this recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can cook new england corn chowder using 8 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make New England Corn Chowder:
- Make ready 1/2 pound bacon, chopped
- Make ready 1 medium onion, small dice
- Make ready 4 medium potatoes, diced
- Take 2 cups water
- Take 24 Saltine crackers
- Prepare 2 cups milk (I use cashew)
- Prepare 2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- Get to taste turmeric, S&P
We have included a recipe for New England corn chowder here. So I made this amazing New England Bacon Corn Chowder for the first time this week. This recipe is adapted from a corn chowder recipe from Peter Christian’s Tavern in New London, NH. I love publishing great regional recipes, helping preserve our New England culinary heritage.
Instructions to make New England Corn Chowder:
- In your soup pot, cook bacon over medium heat
- When bacon is almost done, add onion and cook til translucent
- Add potatoes and water, cook until potatoes are tender
- As potatoes cook, crush crackers and put into a bowl, add milk and let sit
- When potatoes are tender, add cracker and milk mixture and corn. Add seasoning
- Simmer until heated through
- Make it vegetarian, omit bacon and cook onion in 3 Tbs butter (or refined coconut oil to make it vegan)
- Serve with biscuits
- To make fish chowder just add 1 pound of haddock or a chowder mix of any white fish when adding the crackers and corn.
Wonderfully creamy New England Clam Chowder is way easier than you think to make at home and about to become a new family favorite! This easy clam chowder recipe has rich flavor for the perfect bowl of comfort! Share: Rate this Recipe A hearty chowder that can be made in winter from canned corn. Served with corn bread and pickles or relish, this is a familiar New England supper. Optional: When fresh corn is available, cut the kernels off ears and set aside.
So that is going to wrap this up for this special food new england corn chowder recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am sure you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!