Hello everybody, hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, I will show you a way to make a special dish, cottage pie. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I will make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Cottage pie or shepherd’s pie is a type of savory pie. It is made with minced meat, with mashed potato on top. It comes from the United Kingdom and Ireland.
Cottage Pie is one of the most popular of recent trending meals on earth. It’s simple, it is quick, it tastes yummy. It is enjoyed by millions every day. Cottage Pie is something that I’ve loved my whole life. They’re nice and they look wonderful.
To get started with this recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can cook cottage pie using 18 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Cottage Pie:
- Get Mashed Potato on top
- Make ready 2 kg potato (peeled and boiled)
- Get 75 gr butter
- Prepare 100 ml milk
- Make ready Salt
- Make ready Pepper
- Get Beef Filling
- Prepare 1 kg minced beef
- Make ready 5 pcs carrots (grated or diced)
- Take 1 can corn kernel
- Prepare 1 can peas
- Make ready 1 can tomato crush (or you can substitute with 3 tbs tomato paste)
- Take 2 tbs Worcestershire sauce
- Make ready 2 pcs bay leaves
- Prepare 3 tbs bbq sauce (optional)
- Take Salt
- Take Pepper
- Prepare 2 pcs brown onion (peeled and diced finely)
Proper English Cottage Pie is a delicious, very traditional mince pie (beef) topped with mashed potato. Being from Australia, cottage pie is a favourite when it comes to comfort food for the family. Warming to the tips of your toes, a comforting dish of cottage pie is one of the best things about Make it special with Mary Berry’s dauphinoise topped cottage pie, or keep it simple with James. Cottage pie is actually older than shepherd’s pie.
Instructions to make Cottage Pie:
- First, boiled the potatoes then mashed it together with butter, milk, salt and pepper to your liking until it silky smooth in texture. Set aside.
- Heat the oil on the pan, put onion and stir until brownish and have nice fragrance then add the minced beef. After that, put all the veggies, bay leaves, tomato crush/paste and seasoning. Set aside.
- Put the beef filling on pyrex or pie dish, layer with mashed potato. For final touch you can add permesan cheese or parsley. Then put on the oven 170 degrees until mashed potato a bit crusty.
Potatoes were affordable ingredients that were. In this cooking video The Wolfe Pit uses Gordon Ramsay’s recipe to show you how to make Cottage Pie. This collection of cottage pie recipes features plenty of takes of this classic comfort food. Shepherd’s pie has another name, cottage pie, and mashed potatoes have another alternative – sweet potatoes. Cottage pie, a traditional British dish, is comforting and utterly delicious!
So that’s going to wrap this up with this exceptional food cottage pie recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m sure you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!