Hey everyone, it’s John, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, traditional cabbage and rice. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
cabbage rice recipe with step by step photos – mildly spiced and delicious indian style cabbage fried rice. this cabbage rice recipe is not spicy and the sweetness of the cabbage compliments the aroma of the spices as well the basmati rice. you can also add veggies like carrot, green peas or potatoes. Cabbage is sauteed with onion and garlic, then mixed with tomatoes, rice and some hot peppers. This is a nice side dish or a vegetarian entree.
Traditional cabbage and rice is one of the most well liked of recent trending foods in the world. It’s simple, it is fast, it tastes delicious. It is enjoyed by millions every day. Traditional cabbage and rice is something that I’ve loved my entire life. They’re fine and they look wonderful.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can have traditional cabbage and rice using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Traditional cabbage and rice:
- Take 1/2 cabbage cut in small pieces
- Prepare 1 large onion, finely chopped
- Take 1 bunch dill, finely chopped (about 1 cup)
- Take 1 tomato, finely chopped
- Take 1 carrot, 1 bull’s horn pepper, 1 zucchini (optional)
- Make ready 8 tbsp short grain rice (or 2 tbsp of rice for each serving)
- Prepare salt, pepper
- Get 1/2 cup oil
- Make ready yogurt for serving (optional) and lemon juice
Pasta and Rice Romanian Cooking Romanian Main Course. Sarmale – Traditional Romanian Cabbage Rolls. Sarmale – one of Romania’s national dishes: amazingly comforting, stuffed cabbage rolls with ground pork and rice and slowly cooked for hours. This cabbage rice dish is perfect as a side dish or a healthy meatless meal.
Steps to make Traditional cabbage and rice:
- Peel off the outer leaves of the cabbage.
- Cut it in half, pass it under running water and then cut into slices.
- Wash and chop the rest of the vegetables finely.
- Put all the ingredients in a pot, add the rice, oil, salt, pepper and stir.
- Add as much water as it takes to reach the same height as the ingredients. (We don’t stir again).
- Boil with the pot lid on for about 15-20 minutes, checking so that the rice doesn’t stick by passing a spoon through to the bottom of the pot. (We don’t stir).
- Or, in a pressure cooker boil for exactly 3 minutes from the time the valve pops up and let the pressure dissipate on its own.
- Finally, we serve each plate with two spoonfuls of yogurt (if you eat it) and lemon.
How to make cabbage rice keto and low carb friendly. This is by far one of the easiest recipes you can make. The spice blend is definitely more traditional in Indian cooking. I have several friends who are Indian. in this recipe post of cabbage rice, i have prepared it very similar to my previous peanut rice recipe. thus giving a south indian touch to this classical rice recipe and hence i the recipe for cabbage rice is extremely simple to prepare, yet some tips, recommendations and serving ideas. firstly, you can use. This a a traditional Polish dish.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this special food traditional cabbage and rice recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am confident you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!