Hello everybody, hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, instant pot shrimp boil. One of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Prepare yourself for a shrimp boil SO tasty, SO out-of-this-world and SO easy, you’ll be making this one often! It’s almost a joke how easy this is! There are two traditional ways of making a shrimp boil.
Instant Pot Shrimp boil is one of the most popular of recent trending meals in the world. It is easy, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. It is enjoyed by millions every day. They’re nice and they look fantastic. Instant Pot Shrimp boil is something which I’ve loved my whole life.
To get started with this recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can cook instant pot shrimp boil using 8 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Instant Pot Shrimp boil:
- Take 2 bags shrimp medium frozen with shell and tail on
- Prepare 6-8 Red potatoes
- Take Frozen corn on the cob
- Prepare 1 packages Polska kielbasa/ or any sausage like that
- Make ready 1 onion
- Make ready 1 lemon
- Prepare 2.62 oz old bay or more
- Make ready Splash hot sauce
This Instant Pot Shrimp Boil turned out to be much easier than I anticipated, and thanks to my Instant Pot it’s much faster as well. Prepare yourself for a shrimp boil I’ve thrown together that’s SO tasty, SO out-of-this-world and SO easy, you’ll be making this one often! It’s almost a JOKE how easy this is to make thanks to the Instant Pot! Wanna make Instant Pot Shrimp Boil?
Steps to make Instant Pot Shrimp boil:
- Wash and cut red potatoes. Cut in half
- Add water to instant pot about half way then add all of the old bay seasoning and stir
- Add the potatoes and all the corn on the cob, to the instant pot
- Cut onion add to instant pot
- Cut lemons in half and over instant pot squeeze in the lemon juice then add the lemons to instant pot.
- Then add a splash or a dash of hot sauce
- Add the cut sausage
- At this point make sure everything is covered with the water and make sure your not past your marks in the instant pot you may need to add water or take some out it all depends on how many potatoes and corn you use(skip this step if using a pot on the stove) I was over my line as you can see I had to pour some out.
- Cook on steam setting for 12 mins.Then release pressure… add in the frozen uncooked shrimp make sure they are all covered with the water put lid on and let sit for about 3-5 mins till shrimp is done no need to put back under pressure this is how you don’t over cook your shrimp.(steps if using stove bring to a boil after potatoes and corn is done add shrimp, when shrimp is done remove from water immediately to keep the shrimp from over cooking)
- Once shrimp is done remove from water immediately with a colander.
- Can skip ice step : Traditional way is to clean out your sink and have bag of ice in the sink to cool off the shrimp boil.when after you drain it to keep the shrimp from cooking more (can use a cooler as well) this step can be skip I skip it all the time and just pour the shrimp boil on to a big cookie sheet after u drained all the water off, or I have put down news paper on a table and just put it on that. Most of the time I do the cookie sheet and we eat right off of that.
- What the shrimp should look like when done (this can get over cooked fast)
- Note- when adding the shrimp as you see I moved some of the corn up top to get the shrimp all the way under the water you can take some of the corn out or potatoes if needed. Stir a few times and check on shrimp a few times this takes 3-5 mins if that.
My name is Corrie Cooks and I am here to help! If you like it, you should try this Instant Pot sausage and potatoes. It’s very different from Instant Pot honey garlic chicken and maple glazed pork chops and slow cooker beef ragu that are normally on our meal plans. The only problem, though, is how to cook shrimp! There’s a fine line between perfectly juicy and tender shrimp and tough and chewy shrimp.
So that is going to wrap it up with this special food instant pot shrimp boil recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am confident that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!