Hey everyone, it is Drew, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a distinctive dish, southern red velvet cake. One of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Southern Red Velvet Cake is one of the most popular of current trending foods on earth. It’s easy, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. It is enjoyed by millions daily. They are fine and they look wonderful. Southern Red Velvet Cake is something which I have loved my entire life.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can cook southern red velvet cake using 18 ingredients and 23 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Southern Red Velvet Cake:
- Take Cake
- Get 1 vegetable oil, for the pans
- Get 2 1/2 cup flour
- Get 1 1/2 cup sugar
- Prepare 1 tsp baking soda
- Get 1 tsp fine salt
- Get 1 tsp cocoa powder
- Take 1 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- Get 1 cup buttermilk, at room temperature
- Prepare 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- Take 2 tbsp red food coloring, 1 ounce (whole bottle)
- Make ready 1 tsp white distilled vinegar
- Get 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Prepare Icing
- Get 1 lb cream cheese, softened
- Prepare 4 cup sifted confectioner’s sugar
- Prepare 2 stick unsalted butter (1 cup)
- Make ready 1 tsp vanilla extract
Instructions to make Southern Red Velvet Cake:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Lightly oil and flour three 9×1 1/2″ round pans.
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, and cocoa powder.
- In another large bowl, whisk together the oil, buttermilk, eggs, food coloring, vinegar, and vanilla.
- Using a standing mixer, mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until just combined and a smooth batter is formed.
- Divide the cake batter evenly among the prepared cake pans.
- Place the pans in the oven evenly spaced apart.
- Bake, rotating the pans halfway through the cooking, until the cake pulls away from the side of the pans and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 30 minutes.
- While the cakes are baking, make the icing.
- In a standing mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, or with a handheld electric mixer in a large bowl, mix the cream cheese, sugar, and butter on low speed until incorporated.
- Increase the speed to high, and mix until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. (Occasionally turn the mixer off and scrape down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula.)
- Reduce the mixer speed to low.
- Add the vanilla, raise the speed to high and mix briefly until fluffy (scrape down the bowl occasionally).
- Story in the refrigerator until somewhat stiff before using.
- Remove the cakes from the oven and run a knife around the edges to loosen them from the sides of the pans.
- One at a time, invert the cakes onto a plate and then re-invert them onto a cooling rack, rounded sides up; let cool completely.
- Frost the cake.
- Place 1 layer, rounded side down, in the middle of a rotating cake stand.
- Using a palette knife or offset spatula, spread some of the cream cheese frosting over the top of the cake. (Spread enough to make 1/4″ to 1/2″ layer.)
- Carefully set another layer on top, rounded side down, and repeat.
- Top with the remaining layer and cover the entire cake with the remaining frosting.
- OPTIONAL: Sprinkle the top with toasted pecans.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this special food southern red velvet cake recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am sure you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!