Hey everyone, I hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, kung pao chicken. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I will make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Kung Pao Chicken is one of the most well liked of recent trending meals in the world. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. It’s easy, it is quick, it tastes delicious. Kung Pao Chicken is something which I have loved my whole life. They’re nice and they look fantastic.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can have kung pao chicken using 26 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Kung Pao Chicken:
- Take 400 g Chicken Thighs
- Get 4-5 Cloves Garlic
- Get 4 tsp Sichuan Peppercorns
- Prepare 4 Birdseye Chilli
- Take 4 dried large red chillies
- Prepare 200 g Onion
- Make ready 200 g mixed Bell peppers
- Make ready 200 g Red Pepper
- Get Handful cashew nuts
- Prepare Handful ground nuts
- Prepare 1 stalk scallion, cut into rings
- Take The Marinade
- Get 1 tsp sesame oil
- Prepare 2 tsp sugar
- Get 1 pinch Chinese 5 spice
- Make ready 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- Make ready 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- Prepare Dash dark soy sauce
- Get 1/2 tablespoon cornflour
- Prepare Sauce
- Get 1 tbsp light soy
- Take 1 tbsp Sriracha sauce
- Take 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- Take 2 tsp sugar
- Make ready 50 ml chicken stock
- Take 1 tsp tomato paste
Instructions to make Kung Pao Chicken:
- Immediately, soak large red chilies, whole, in hot water for 10-15 minutes
- While the chillies are soaking, finely slice the onion, bell peppers and red pepper, before then cutting your chicken thighs into cubes. Set the cubed chicken into a separate bowl, then finely dice the garlic and birdseye chillies and finally crush the Sichuanese peppercorns with either a pestle and mortar or rolling pin.
- Next, marinate your chicken. Ensuring that the cornflour is introduced last, add all of the marinade ingredients to the cubed chicken and then massage well.
- In a separate bowl, mix all of the sauce ingredients together.
- At this point, your large red chilies should be soaked. Remove them from the hot water and place in a bowl with the chopped garlic, Birdseye chilies and Sichuan peppercorns to form your ‘Spice Mix’.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil in a wok to high heat. Once smoking hot, add the onions and peppers and stir-fry for 2 minutes. Push the onions and peppers to one side of the wok and add an extra 1/2 a teaspoon of oil to center of wok.
- Bring the oil to a high heat and add the chicken. Allow the chicken to sit and sear on one side, before then folding it through with the peppers and onions and stir-frying until the chicken is golden brown.
- Now, add the spice mix, immediately followed by the sauce, and continue to cook for 2 minutes. Finally, add cashew nuts, scallions and serve – preferably with some steamed rice!
- Please don’t forget to tag @appetizing.adventure on Instagram if you make this recipe!
So that is going to wrap this up for this exceptional food kung pao chicken recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m confident you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!