Hey everyone, it is John, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to make a special dish, black bean stuffed potato skins. One of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Black Bean Stuffed Potato Skins is one of the most well liked of current trending meals in the world. It is enjoyed by millions every day. It is easy, it is fast, it tastes yummy. They’re nice and they look wonderful. Black Bean Stuffed Potato Skins is something that I have loved my entire life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can have black bean stuffed potato skins using 13 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Black Bean Stuffed Potato Skins:
- Get 4 russet potatoes, scrubbed well and dried
- Get as needed olive oil
- Make ready to taste salt and pepper
- Get 1 can (15 oz.) unsalted black beans, drained and rinsed
- Prepare 1 small bell pepper, diced
- Make ready 1/4 yellow onion, diced
- Take 1 clove garlic, minced
- Prepare 1/2 cup frozen corn
- Make ready 1/4 cup salsa of choice
- Take 1/4 tsp. ground cumin
- Make ready 1/4 tsp. chili powder
- Prepare juice from 1/2 lime
- Take shredded Colby jack cheese
Steps to make Black Bean Stuffed Potato Skins:
- Preheat the oven to 375 F. Slice the potatoes in half, length wise, and rub olive oil over the halves. Season the skin side with salt and pepper and lay them skin side down on a parchment lined baking tray. Bake for 40 or so minutes, flipping the potatoes every 10 minutes to keep them baking evenly and to prevent burning, until the potatoes are tender. Once they’re done, remove them from the oven and start the filling while they cool slightly.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tbsp. of olive oil over medium heat. Once it’s hot, add the pepper and onion and cook until they have begun to soften, about 5 or so minutes. Then stir in the garlic, black beans, corn and seasonings. Stir and cook another couple of minutes until fragrant, then stir in the salsa. Remove from the heat and set it aside.
- Your potatoes should have cooled enough to handle by now. Use a spoon to hollow out the insides of each half, but leave enough potato on the bottom and around the sides to make sure the skins are still sturdy. Spoon the black bean filling into each potato half and top with some shredded cheese. Return them to the oven for 5-10 minutes, until the filling is nice and hot and the cheese has melted. Then that’s it!
So that is going to wrap it up with this exceptional food black bean stuffed potato skins recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am sure that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!