Hey everyone, hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, we’re going to make a distinctive dish, country style bean soup with ribbles. One of my favorites. For mine, I’m gonna make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Country Style Bean Soup with Ribbles is one of the most popular of current trending foods in the world. It’s appreciated by millions daily. It is easy, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. Country Style Bean Soup with Ribbles is something which I have loved my entire life. They’re fine and they look fantastic.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can have country style bean soup with ribbles using 15 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Country Style Bean Soup with Ribbles:
- Prepare Soup
- Make ready 16 oz Dry Great Northern Beans
- Take 32 oz Chicken Broth
- Prepare 64 oz Water
- Take 1 lb Pre Cooked Ham
- Take 1 medium Bay Leaf
- Take 1 medium Onion
- Get 3 medium Potatoes
- Prepare 1 tbsp Salt
- Take 1/2 tsp Pepper
- Make ready Ribbles
- Get 1 cup Flour
- Prepare 1/4 cup Butter or Shortening
- Take 1/4 tsp Salt
- Get 3 tbsp Water
Instructions to make Country Style Bean Soup with Ribbles:
- Prepare beans according to package.
- In a 5 quart or more soup pot, add beans, chicken broth, water and heat on med high.
- Chop ham and onions to desired size and had to beans and broth.
- Add salt and pepper and reduce heat to low med and let cook for approximately 1 hour. Until beans are tender but not mushy.
- For the ribbles, combine the flour and salt. Cut in butter until a sand consistency has occured. Add water a tablespoon at a time and stir until the dough pulls from the bowl.
- Peel and cube potatoes.
- Pinch off pea sized pieces of dough and roll to smooth. Drop pieces of dough into soup. Add as much or has little as you like. I usually use about 3/4ths of the dough.
- Add cubed potatoes to the soup and cook on med high until tender. Approximately 8 to 10 minutes.
- Makes about 5 quarts.
So that is going to wrap this up for this special food country style bean soup with ribbles recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am confident you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!