Hello everybody, I hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a special dish, kozhi ada (chicken hot pockets). It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Kozhi Ada (Chicken Hot pockets) is one of the most well liked of recent trending meals on earth. It is appreciated by millions daily. It is easy, it is fast, it tastes delicious. Kozhi Ada (Chicken Hot pockets) is something that I have loved my entire life. They’re nice and they look wonderful.
Kozhi Ada is a traditional Malabari snack. Typically Ada is a stuffed dish which can be either fried or steamed. Gazeena shares with us her version of Kozhi.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook kozhi ada (chicken hot pockets) using 15 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Kozhi Ada (Chicken Hot pockets):
- Take 1 Cup Maidah
- Get Water
- Take Salt
- Get 2 Tablespoons Ghee Dalda / (Vanaspathi)
- Make ready 1 Cup Chicken Cooked
- Make ready 2 Onions
- Prepare 2 green Chilli
- Get 1 Tablespoon Ginger
- Make ready 1 Tablespoon Garlic
- Prepare 10 Curry Leaves
- Make ready 1 Teaspoon red Chilli Powder
- Make ready 1/2 Teaspoon Turmeric
- Make ready 1 Teaspoon Pepper Powder
- Get 1/2 Teaspoon Garam Masala
- Take Coconut Oil
Kozhi Ada is an unavoidable snack in the Ifthar parties. Add all the above mentioned powders, bengal gram dal, minced chicken, salt and coriander leaves, mix well. In a bowl, add wheat flour, salt and oil, mix well by adding little water. Kozhi Ada is a Crispy Malabar teatime snack.
Instructions to make Kozhi Ada (Chicken Hot pockets):
- Make a soft dough out of maidah, using ghee, little salt and water. Keep it aside.
- Cook the chicken,Adding salt, a pinch of turmeric powder, and pepper powder.Mince the cooked chicken properly.
- Heat oil in a pan, and saute onions till it becomes golden brown. Add curry leaves, and ground ginger, garlic and green chilllis paste.
- When the onion starts getting golden brown, add a little turmeric powder, red chilli powder, garam masala, and salt to taste.
- Once all the spices are blended well in the mixture, add the minced chicken.Saute this on low heat, till the mixture is fully dry.Switch off the stove.
- Roll out small thin discs out of the dough.Add required chicken filling on one side and fold it from the other side.Seal the edges together in a pattern to form a crescent shape.
- Heat oil in a pan, and add the adas one by one, and fry on medium heat till slightly golden colour.
- Note : The oil should be on medium heat.If it’s too hot, the dough will be only cooked on the outside, and if it’s too low heat, the adas will be too oily.
The hot chicken pockets are surely loved by everyone. Instead of chicken filling; you can try it with minced beef also. Malabar Kozhi Ada/Chicken Hot Pockets Kozhi ada is an authentic and traditional Malabar snack. In this snack spiced chicken is stuffed in a crispy wrapper. Kozhi ada, how to make Malabar style kozhi ada (chicken hot pockets).
So that’s going to wrap it up with this exceptional food kozhi ada (chicken hot pockets) recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am sure that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!