Hey everyone, it is me again, Dan, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, mike’s traditional old sober soup. One of my favorites. This time, I will make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Mike’s Traditional Old Sober Soup is one of the most popular of recent trending foods on earth. It is simple, it is quick, it tastes yummy. It’s appreciated by millions daily. Mike’s Traditional Old Sober Soup is something which I have loved my whole life. They are fine and they look fantastic.
To get started with this recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can have mike’s traditional old sober soup using 24 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Mike’s Traditional Old Sober Soup:
- Take ● Old Sober Soup Ingredients
- Prepare 4 lb Beef Chuck Tender Roast [cut in 1/2″ cubes]
- Prepare 4 box (32 oz) Beef Broth [reserve 1 box more if needed]
- Make ready 1 box Thick Spaghetti Noodles
- Prepare 1/3 cup Fresh Chives [chopped + reserves]
- Get 1 tbsp Cracked Black Pepper
- Prepare 3 tsp Louisiana Hot Sauce [no substitutions]
- Make ready 2 tbsp Fresh Garlic
- Prepare 1 tsp Granulated Onion Powder
- Take 1 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- Prepare 1 tbsp Cajun Seasoning
- Make ready 1 tsp Soy Sauce
- Make ready 1 tsp Oregano
- Prepare 1 tbsp Dried Parsley
- Get 1 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- Get ● For The Sides, Garnishments & Equipment
- Take 8 Boiled Eggs [halved]
- Get 1 cup Sliced Fresh Chives
- Take as needed Worcestershire Sauce
- Take as needed Louisiana Hot Sauce
- Get as needed Soy Sauce
- Get as needed Ketchup
- Get 4 Large Styrofoam Cups
- Make ready 8 Chopsticks
Steps to make Mike’s Traditional Old Sober Soup:
- ● Chop beef chuck or prime rib into 1″ bite sized cubes [trim any fat] and chop your chives.
● I typically use my leftover prime rib and any leftover Au Jus from holiday meals. [look for my Mike’s EZ Prime Rib recipe]
● So, know there will be additional herbs and spices in this prime rib version. It will also take less time to cook until meat is melt in your mouth tender.
● If you have any leftover prime rib bones, throw those in your pot as well. There’s a lot of fat and flavor in those suckers!
- ● Place all ingredients – except for 1 of your 4 boxes of broth, your noodles and anything listed as sides/garnishments – in a large pot.
● Simmer covered for 2 hours or, until meat is melt in your mouth tender, if using raw chuck. ● After 2 hours, I’ll add some additional crispy chive ends for soup body and texture.
- ● Boil your eggs. Using older eggs [they’re much easier to peel] bring your eggs and water to a rapid boil.
● Once at a full boil, turn off heat and allow eggs to sit with lid on for 18 minutes.
- Arrest the cooking process by placing your eggs in an ice bath immediately.
- ● In a seperate pot, bring 1/2 of your broth and water as needed, 1 tsp salt and a small splash of oil to a boil. ● Place noodles in your simmering pot and boil al dente [important step as you’ll be simmering your noodles again for 2 minutes in your original broth] – as per manufactures directions.
● Usually about 9 to 10 minutes.
- Drain your noodles. Do not rinse.
- ● Taste test your broth at this point and see if you’d like to add additional hot sauce, pepper, garlic, soy sauce or Cajun Seasoning.
● Immediately add noodles to your original beef pot for 2 minutes on a heavy boil to absorb your fullest broth flavors. ● Serve in styrofoam cups [if on the go] with sliced eggs, fresh chives and a splash of each garnishment listed, if desired.
- For the record, let it be said that I don’t quite get the Ketchup garnishment part of this recipe but, to each his own!
- Old Sober with Udon Noodles. Enjoy!
So that’s going to wrap this up with this special food mike’s traditional old sober soup recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am confident you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!