Hey everyone, I hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a distinctive dish, spanish grilled aubergine with tomato vinaigrette. One of my favorites. For mine, I’m gonna make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Spanish Grilled Aubergine with tomato vinaigrette is one of the most favored of current trending meals on earth. It is appreciated by millions every day. It is simple, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. Spanish Grilled Aubergine with tomato vinaigrette is something which I’ve loved my entire life. They’re nice and they look fantastic.
To get started with this recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can have spanish grilled aubergine with tomato vinaigrette using 10 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Spanish Grilled Aubergine with tomato vinaigrette:
- Get 2 aubergines medium size or 1 large
- Take 1/3-1/2 cup Spanish olive oil
- Prepare 3 Roma tomatoes
- Make ready 3 tablespoons Spanish sherry vinegar
- Get 2 green onions, finely chopped (optional)
- Prepare 2 teaspoon capers, minced
- Prepare 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Take 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves chopped
- Make ready 2 basil sprigs for garnish
- Take 1 French-style baguette
Instructions to make Spanish Grilled Aubergine with tomato vinaigrette:
- Trim off any stems or blemishes on the skin of the aubergines. Cut them crosswise into slices about 3/8 inch thick.
- Turn on the grill to heat. Place slices on a baking sheet and spray with oil, using a “ mister” if you have one. If not, lightly brush each slice with oil. Place baking sheets under the grill on the second shelf from the top, so that they are not too close, or they will burn.
- When one side is slightly browned and soft when you press lightly, turn slices over, apply olive oil and return to broiler. Depending on your grill, the distance from the pan, it may take 20-25 minutes to cook.
- You may find that slices that are directly under the grill cook much faster than those at the far corners of the pan. Keep a close eye on the pans and rotate the slices on the cookie sheet.
- Remove slices individually as they are done cooking and place on a large platter or serving plate. Don’t be afraid to overlap slices on the serving plate. It works just fine for serving and will be more appetising.
- While the aubergine is in the grill, finely chop the tomatoes and place them into a medium size mixing bowl. Finely chop the green onions and put the garlic cloves through a press or mince them by hand and place in the bowl with tomatoes.
- Remove the capers from the jar with a slotted spoon, so that they drain. Chop the capers and mix into the bowl with other ingredients. Make sure that stems are removed from the basil leaves, then chop the basil and place in a bowl.
- Pour Olive oil and vinegar into the bowl and mix with the other ingredients. Allow the aubergine to cool a few minutes. Then, spoon the tomato vinaigrette sauce over the aubergines.
- Serve immediately with sliced bread or cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate. (If you refrigerate this dish, be sure to take it out of the fridge a few minutes before serving, so that it warms up. You will not taste the rich flavours of this dish if it is served ice cold.) I sometimes like to add mozzarella.
So that is going to wrap this up for this exceptional food spanish grilled aubergine with tomato vinaigrette recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m sure you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!