Hey everyone, it is Drew, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, chicken in coconut milk (opor ayam). It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
CHICKEN IN COCONUT MILK (Opor Ayam) is one of the most popular of current trending foods on earth. It’s appreciated by millions every day. It’s easy, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. They’re nice and they look fantastic. CHICKEN IN COCONUT MILK (Opor Ayam) is something which I’ve loved my whole life.
Meanwhile, heat a dry skillet over medium heat. Transfer to a large mortar and pestle and grind into a paste with shallots, garlic, galangal, ginger, peppercorns, and turmeric. CHICKEN IN COCONUT MILK (Opor Ayam).
To get started with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can have chicken in coconut milk (opor ayam) using 20 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make CHICKEN IN COCONUT MILK (Opor Ayam):
- Prepare 4 chicken big drum sticks cut into 2 pieces
- Make ready 1 tablespoons tamarind juice
- Make ready 1 teaspoon salt
- Prepare 3 tablespoons oil
- Prepare 1 stalk lemon grass, bruised
- Take 3 kaffir lime leaves
- Get 1-2 salam leaves (or by leaf)
- Take 750 cc thin coconut milk
- Take 250 cc thick coconut milk
- Prepare Fried shallots
- Get Spices (ground)
- Take 4 cloves garlic
- Get 2 big shallots
- Get 5 candlenuts, roasted
- Get 1 teaspoon coriander seeds (powdered)
- Get 1/2 teaspoons powdered cumin
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoons powdered pepper
- Take 1/2 tablespoons chopped ginger
- Take 1 cm galangel, bruised
- Make ready Salt and sugar
Opor is a typical of Indonesian dish originating in Central Java. The dish is commonly prepared with chicken, egg, tofu or tempeh, and is simmered in various spices and coconut milk, resulting in a fragrant, rich and creamy dish fit for a special occasion. Opor is associated with Eid, and is served to celebrate the end of the fasting month of. Braised Chicken in Coconut Milk Resep cara membuat Opor Ayam dengan bumbu yang sederhana.
Steps to make CHICKEN IN COCONUT MILK (Opor Ayam):
- Rub Chicken with 1 tablespoon tamarind juice and 1 teaspoon salt and let it stand for 25minutes. Rinse and drain.
- Ground spices, garlic, shallots, candlenuts, coriander, cumin, pepper, ginger
- The ground spicies
- Heat oil and gently fry ground spices, lemon grass, kaffir lime leaves and salam leaf until fragrant
- Add chicken, cook for a few minutes, than pour in thin coconut milk. Bring to the boil.
- After the chicken is half cooked, pour in thick coconut milk.
- Simmer over low heat until the ingredients are cooked. Season with salt and sugar to taste. Sprinkle with fried shallots and serve with rice. And I add some boiled eggs.
Opor Ayam merupakan salah satu masakan Indonesia yang paling digemari dan sering disajikan di. Indonesian chicken in coconut gravy opor ayam is the best recipe for foodies. If it is the favorite recipe of your favorite restaurants then you can also make indonesian chicken in coconut gravy opor ayam at your home. The ingredients or substance mixture for indonesian chicken in coconut gravy opor ayam recipe that are useful to cook such type of. Opor ayam is a chicken cooked in coconut milk from Indonesia, especially from Central Java.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this special food chicken in coconut milk (opor ayam) recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am confident you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!