Hey everyone, it’s me again, Dan, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to make a distinctive dish, cajun cabbage /bourgoo. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I will make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Join Chef Bourque as he prepares his Cajun Cabbage on the bayou in his Dutch Oven. Don’t forget to check out my ecookbooks on Amazon.com. Cajun Cabbage and Noodles is a fun spin on the classic comfort food with a handful of Cajun spices Cabbage and noodles is one of those super simple, no-frills comfort foods.
Cajun cabbage /Bourgoo is one of the most well liked of current trending foods on earth. It is appreciated by millions every day. It is easy, it is fast, it tastes yummy. Cajun cabbage /Bourgoo is something which I have loved my entire life. They’re nice and they look fantastic.
To begin with this recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can have cajun cabbage /bourgoo using 11 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Cajun cabbage /Bourgoo:
- Get I cabbage chopped
- Make ready 1 can rotel
- Prepare 1 can chunky rotel
- Prepare 1 can sweet corn
- Make ready 2 packs chopped ham or whatever meat you wanna use doesn’t Matter
- Make ready 2 tbs Garlic powder
- Prepare 2 tbs Creole seasoning
- Make ready 2 tsp Chili powder
- Prepare 2 tsp cayenne
- Take Butter at least 4 tablespoons or 2 blocks
- Get 15 oz container of season blend /holy trinity,onion,bellpepper,celery or use fresh ingredients to your liking
We love this dish at our house, and whenever I take it to a potluck, it disappears just as quickly as it does at home. This pleasing recipe was given to me by my sister-in-law from Louisiana. Burgoo is a spicy stew, similar to Irish or Mulligan stew, often served with cornbread or corn muffins. It is often prepared communally as a social gathering.
Steps to make Cajun cabbage /Bourgoo:
- Melt butter, then cook chopped ham for 5 mins or whatever meat your using
- Then add holy trinity or season blend cook till tenderer add half your seasons with it
- Then put your cabbage in an add remaining seasons cook for at least two hours on a simmer then it’s done !
It is popular as the basis for civic fund-raisers in the American Midwest and South. There isn’t anything Earth shattering about this stew. Cajun Stew has the culinary Trinity of onions, bell pepper and celery, plus I like it with potatoes and. Cajun Cabbage Soup Haiku: “Perfect spice for me, daughter said, ‘eek! Cajun cabbage jambalaya will quickly become a favorite meal to serve friends and family.
So that is going to wrap it up with this exceptional food cajun cabbage /bourgoo recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am sure you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!