Hello everybody, it’s John, welcome to my recipe page. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, smoked sausage gumbo. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I will make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Smoked Sausage Gumbo is one of the most popular of current trending foods in the world. It’s simple, it is fast, it tastes delicious. It’s appreciated by millions every day. Smoked Sausage Gumbo is something that I’ve loved my whole life. They’re fine and they look fantastic.
Serve up the flavors of the bayou! You’ll leave the table satisfied, as it’s chock-full of veggies, seasonings and sausage. Chicken and Smoked Sausage Gumbo with White Rice.
To get started with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook smoked sausage gumbo using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Smoked Sausage Gumbo:
- Prepare 2 celery ribs, chopped
- Make ready 1 medium onion, chopped
- Take 1 medium green or red pepper, chopped
- Make ready 1 medium carrot, chopped
- Take 2 tbsp olive oil
- Get 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- Prepare 1 cup chicken broth
- Take 1 lb smoked kielbasa or Polish sausage, cut into 1/2-in. pieces
- Take 1 can diced tomatoes, undrained
- Prepare 2 tsp dried oregano
- Prepare 2 tsp dried thyme
This Authentic Chicken and Smoked Sausage Gumbo is an exception to that norm. Simple, relatively healthy gumbo that can be made in the slow cooker. If your gumbo thickens upon standing, stir in additional broth. Classic gumbo recipe with a roux base, smoked andouille sausage and tasso.
Steps to make Smoked Sausage Gumbo:
- In a large skillet, saute celery, onion, green/red pepper, and carrot in oil until tender.
- Stir in flour until blended; gradually add broth. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Transfer to a slow cooker. Stir in the sausage, tomatoes, oregano, thyme and cayenne.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until heated through. (gumbo will seem thick at first but will thin will cooking)
- Serve over rice.
Okra, onions, pepper, and celery are all in this hearty soup. But if you can’t find andouille sausage, any smoked sausage or kielbasa will do. This simple and rustic gumbo is also a great make-ahead dish. Just warm it up and eat as is, or ladle it over plain. Smoked sausage gumbo is a favorite with my family.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this exceptional food smoked sausage gumbo recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m confident you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!