Hey everyone, I hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, we’re going to prepare a distinctive dish, english scones. One of my favorites. For mine, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
English Scones is one of the most favored of current trending meals on earth. It is easy, it is quick, it tastes yummy. It is appreciated by millions every day. They are fine and they look wonderful. English Scones is something that I have loved my whole life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook english scones using 7 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make English Scones:
- Take 260 grams all purpose flour
- Get 2 tsp baking powder
- Take 120 ml milk
- Get 50 grams sugar
- Prepare 1/4 tsp salt
- Make ready 1 large egg
- Take 75 grams unsalted butter
Instructions to make English Scones:
- Preheat oven 200degrees celcius or equivilant
- Grease baking sheet
- Sift flour, sugar, baking powder and salt into a large bowl and mix together to make sure well combined
- Crack the egg into the milk and whisk until well combined
- Dot the butter into the bowl with the flour mix and using fingertips blend until resembles course breadcrumbs
- Add the milk and egg mixture to the bowl a little at a time using a wooden spoon until forms a dough. Do not over mix. You may not need all the egg and milk. Stop adding when all ingredients are combined into a dough thats not too wet and sticky
- Dust work surface and hands with flour, turn the dough out and knead quickly into a ball. Pat the ball of dough down with your hand and then roll so the dough its 1-2 cms high.
- Using a lightly floured cookie cutter or other round implement cut out your scones from the dough. Ball up the leftover dough, re-roll and cut some more scones until you run out of dough
- Place scones on greased baking sheet well spaced. Either brush with milk for a brown top or dust with flour depending on your preferance.
- Put baking sheet into middle of oven. The scones take approx 15-20 mins. They should have risen and be lightly browned. To test if cooked put a toothpick into the centre of one, it should come out clean.
- Leave to cool down a bit on a wire rack
- Serve with butter or thick cream (clotted cream is best) and jam of your choice. Instead of jam you could use fresh fruit. Sliced strawberries are good 🙂
So that’s going to wrap it up with this exceptional food english scones recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am confident that you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!